Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Houghton out

houghton out or in

• Total voters

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
They won't be in before the last game of the season. So, how would they assess the squad? The over reaction on here is a classic example of what's wrong with NSC (and football generally). It's not been great recently and we're on a bad run but sacking the manager would be ludicrous. We need to give Hughton the funds to build the squad in the summer and try to rebuild.

How would they assess the squad? Are you kidding? There's enough video evidence to accurately determine where the problems lie and any half decent manager would be able to do that.

Hughton is the last person I want to see given funds to build a squad based on his coaching and motivating capabilities in half a season. It's not an over-reaction, it's accepting the reality that once again the club made a panic signing and they've screwed up.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Did you read my post. We're having to scrape the barrel in terms of loan signings. Nobody is going to loan us first choice players. Or did you think we'd be able to loan Messi and Ronaldo?

think he got mixed up betwen Lionel and Leon we got in a mess with Best could have been the Best with Messi

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On what basis? He's made one permanent signing and I doubt anyone thinks he's a waste of money.

His negative style and judgement in other areas don't fill me with much hope for exciting player recruitment.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Chopping and changing won t resolve anything .
The club realised a change was needed and changed the recruitment policy.
Houghton made 1 signing so far and he is our best player.
Give him a bloody chance to recruit some players and see what happens before we throw him over board

Nailed it

Feb 14, 2010
Gus Poyet is available... (as long as we can get over him buying CMS instead of giving Murray a pay rise then he did a good job over all....)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Did you read my post. We're having to scrape the barrel in terms of loan signings. Nobody is going to loan us first choice players. Or did you think we'd be able to loan Messi and Ronaldo?

yes I did and I also saw our manager bring in Leon best and others to apparently improve the squad. How do you know we were scraping the barrel and these weren't the players he targeted? Again yes clearly we all expected messi and ronaldo.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
How would they assess the squad? Are you kidding? There's enough video evidence to accurately determine where the problems lie and any half decent manager would be able to do that.

Hughton is the last person I want to see given funds to build a squad based on his coaching and motivating capabilities in half a season. It's not an over-reaction, it's accepting the reality that once again the club made a panic signing and they've screwed up.

Yes, because that's the same as working with them for six months.

I give up with our fans. It's a blatant over reaction. A few weeks ago nobody would have even considered the idea of Hughton leaving. We've had a bad run since the international break but it doesn't justify sacking the manager (as I said everything that's wrong with football these days).

The sad thing is, at a time when supporters need to be united and behind the club to help us survive, there's so much sniping from the sidelines. I'm sure it helps a lot!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have no respect for anyone who votes OUT. Thanks to the OP for making this poll public, it's good to know who is voting what in polls like this.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
His negative style and judgement in other areas don't fill me with much hope for exciting player recruitment.

Except there's only been one permanent signing and he's been great so the evidence goes against you. Loans are irrelevant. Whatever people might believe to suit their opinion, it is clear that we had very limited options in terms of player recruitment and Hughton did his best in difficult circumstances. Sadly some of our fans don't appreciate the limited resources. We have very limited options up front and any manager would struggle with them.

I'm giving up on this thread now anyway as I'm going out and, frankly, the attitude of some of our so called fans is more depressing than the result today. You can always guarantee an over reaction on here though.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes, because that's the same as working with them for six months.

I give up with our fans. It's a blatant over reaction. A few weeks ago nobody would have even considered the idea of Hughton leaving. We've had a bad run since the international break but it doesn't justify sacking the manager (as I said everything that's wrong with football these days).

The sad thing is, at a time when supporters need to be united and behind the club to help us survive, there's so much sniping from the sidelines. I'm sure it helps a lot!

I have to disagree with you there. I know loads of people who never wanted him at the club in the first place and as his time at the club has gone on their opinions have not changed. There are now many more people at The Amex giving him 'advice' and that number is increasing.

This is as poor an Albion set up that I've seen in over 50 years of supporting the club (Amex excepted, obviously).

I'm tired of him trotting out his stock "I'm very disappointed' after every frigging game. He sets the team up, he coaches them, he supposedly motivates them. He thinks he's disappointed-he should try it from a fan's standpoint.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Listening to Hughton on the radio, he doesn't want to win games and just play for a draw. Same as against Huddersfield at home. Says he wanted to win and plays one up front. Hope he is not afraid to play attacking football next season or we are in for a shockingly boring season. If he is happy with the way we are playing as it seems in the interview we have to worry about next year.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Except there's only been one permanent signing and he's been great so the evidence goes against you. Loans are irrelevant. Whatever people might believe to suit their opinion, it is clear that we had very limited options in terms of player recruitment and Hughton did his best in difficult circumstances. Sadly some of our fans don't appreciate the limited resources. We have very limited options up front and any manager would struggle with them.

I'm giving up on this thread now anyway as I'm going out and, frankly, the attitude of some of our so called fans is more depressing than the result today. You can always guarantee an over reaction on here though.

How are loans signings irrelevant? If they were no good/better than what we had why are they here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here