Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Horrible thing to happen to a decent person

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Do we really need threads like this on NSC?

Yes.
I have already pointed out, this is in today's news and it's about a footballer.
This is a football forum BTW.

Do we need threads about politics, cooking and someone going on holiday every 5 minutes? ???

Last edited:

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
The thread police have spoken.

There are plenty of self righteous in the know thread police who can't stand someone questioning there opinion on here - generally i would expect most people who can't cope with someone with a different opinion to be snowflake students - but having read the threads they are mostly fat & old

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There are plenty of self righteous in the know thread police who can't stand someone questioning there opinion on here - generally i would expect most people who can't cope with someone with a different opinion to be snowflake students - but having read the threads they are mostly fat & old

These threads are usually full of them. It amuses me that they don't see the irony.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Oi, who you calling old? :lol:

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Sorry you have lost me.

No worries. My point is - It's that the perenially offended get worked into a lather about what someone might have said - but then laugh at anothers actual misfortune (as in this case) -which seems to be disproportionate responses

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Said it before, but one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter - ***cough*** Nelson Mandela.

And that of course that is true.

He makes his views on NI and on this country pretty clear, and for reasons that will make sense from his perspective. The point for me is he chooses to make his living, or his fortune, in this country. In doing so he puts himself up for abuse and claims of hypocrisy. I am sure when he looks at his bank statement he doesn’t worry too much about his political beliefs though

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I appreciate that, just trying to get over the point that there are two sides to every story - just depends on your stance and how outraged you want to be about it.

I'm not outraged.
But i have read the story and thought I don't like people that break into houses, and I also don't like IRA sympathisers either.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why do the snowflake generation have to share with the rest of us their outrage an indignation about every bloody thing?

You don't like the bloke, we get it, why the need to start thread after thread about him?

This sort of shit belongs on facebook.

Good but flawed attempt to turn the term snowflake on its head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here