Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Horrible thing to happen to a decent person

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
It terrible when someone slavishly defends the actions of a group responsible for the indiscriminate murder of innocent civilians. But enough of Bushy and the paras and back to the thread, it's quite difficult to sympathise with this McClean chappie.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
The guy is first rate knob. He, like everyone else on the planet has a right to an opinion, but to use his professional football status/platform/audience to draw attention to himself and his opinions regarding an issue that the majority of Irish citizens (North & South) have agreed to disagree on and live in peace, is just c*untish. Hate mongering ****.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It terrible when someone slavishly defends the actions of a group responsible for the indiscriminate murder of innocent civilians. But enough of Bushy and the paras and back to the thread, it's quite difficult to sympathise with this McClean chappie.

You Sir (should be with C, but you would not understand) are an arse of the highest order for that comment.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The guy is first rate knob. He, like everyone else on the planet has a right to an opinion, but to use his professional football status/platform/audience to draw attention to himself and his opinions regarding an issue that the majority of Irish citizens (North & South) have agreed to disagree on and live in peace, is just c*untish. Hate mongering ****.

Agree take it somewhere else. This isn't a Rangers or Celtic board

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I too get tired of bushy's incessant rants on this subject, and to be honest I don't agree with him most of the time - but this is bang out of order.

Bushy and his mates weren't to blame for Bloody Sunday - it happened in 1972. Bushy was a squaddie who served his country, took pot shots from snipers and saw his mates die, and all because the powers that be wouldn't agree a peace settlement for 25 bloody years. You need to read Tommy by Kipling as you sound like one of the utter nobs it is aimed at.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I too get tired of bushy's incessant rants on this subject, and to be honest I don't agree with him most of the time - but this is bang out of order.

Bushy and his mates weren't to blame for Bloody Sunday - it happened in 1972. Bushy was a squaddie who served his country, took pot shots from snipers and saw his mates die, and all because the powers that be wouldn't agree a peace settlement for 25 bloody years. You need to read Tommy by Kipling as you sound like one of the utter nobs it is aimed at.

I agree with you mostly, and I know Bushy wasnt in the Paras, however, the actions of this footballer are a consequence of the actions by the army in NI over the years. We could be like a dictatorship, where people cannot express their views, however abhorrent to many, but we are a free country.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree with you mostly, and I know Bushy wasnt in the Paras, however, the actions of this footballer are a consequence of the actions by the army in NI over the years.
And I agree with you here, Dave. That's why I can't get that irritated by James McClean any more than I can by Bushy's point of view - they're both influenced by their life experiences.

What does annoy me is a) McClean's hypocrisy earning a fortune in this country. If he's that principled, why isn't he elsewhere in Europe? and b) smart-arsed nobs like Voroshilov who think it's acceptable to come out with comments like that. It clearly isn't.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

You've over stepped the mark here, out of line.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
And I agree with you here, Dave. That's why I can't get that irritated by James McClean any more than I can by Bushy's point of view - they're both influenced by their life experiences.

What does annoy me is a) McClean's hypocrisy earning a fortune in this country. If he's that principled, why isn't he elsewhere in Europe? and b) smart-arsed nobs like Voroshilov who think it's acceptable to come out with comments like that. It clearly isn't.

Good post.

There's been a disconcerting amount of common sense and 'nipping bollocks in the bud' on NSC in 2018 so far. Maybe it's that last year was a nadir for this, or maybe I have been avoiding the Brexit thread, but the place seems to be somewhat more reasonable. Or am I imagining that?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Exactly that. Not saluting our flag? well, He is an Irish national. Tattoo of some sort of which I dont really know the details, or care. Doesnt Bushy carry a protestant para military linked group for his avatar? (I dont know really) but life experiences get exhibited by people. Thats it really.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Exactly that. Not saluting our flag? well, He is an Irish national. Tattoo of some sort of which I dont really know the details, or care. Doesnt Bushy carry a protestant para military linked group for his avatar? (I dont know really) but life experiences get exhibited by people. Thats it really.

I agree, you don't get to the heart of these matters by only listening to one side.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
To me your hatred doesn't seem to be Mc Lean, it seems to be his pro Catholicism.

Don't get me wrong I can't stand Mc Lean for that stance; however having similar views from the opposing corner just makes those people the same as them.

I saw it for years. My father's family verbally abusing my mother because she was Protestant. Then my mothers family verbally abusing my father because he was Catholic.

It was absolutely horrible as a kid to grow up in that situation. You never knew what side to take, you never felt that you belonged anywhere in Society because you were neither Catholic nor Protestant.

That was until at 10 years old my mother in tears after more verbal abuse took me aside and said '' I hope you never grow up to be like any of them on either side. It doesn't matter who or what you are so long as have respect for people no matter what religion they are''

Thankfully I didn't grow up to be like James Mc Lean - But let's not try and kid ourselves that there are not people on the opposing side very much like him. They just use a different ''platform'' to display the shit they spout.

absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with his religion , ive got southern irish mates who ive just visited in dublin , and i go to belfast every year for the 12th , hating someone for their religion is pitiful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here