Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Horrible thing to happen to a decent person

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Nah. They're nothing alike. I wasn't too happy with Duffy's comments about McGuinness but Duffy was perfectly happy to wear a poppy on his shirt. Duffy showed much more intelligence in rejecting the very narrow view of what hardline nationalists like McLean have of what the poppy represents.

I've got a lot of time for Shane Duffy, none at all for McLean.

my thoughts exactly

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You really are a nasty human being, aren't you.

yeah im strange like that , having no time for someone as hypocritical as mclean , when we.lost.5.blokes in our regiment to the IRA , when they tried to kill me personally , perhaps you think i should applaud this bloke , who demonstrably hates us and doesnt mind showing it?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
yeah im strange like that , having no time for someone as hypocritical as mclean , when we.lost.5.blokes in our regiment to the IRA , when they tried to kill me personally , perhaps you think i should applaud this bloke , who demonstrably hates us and doesnt mind showing it?

No I don't think you should applaud him, and you clearly have your reasons - however, your insistence on dragging up these sort of thread is frankly tiresome.

Paul McCartney wrote a song Give Ireland Back to the Irish, maybe you would like to start on him next...?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

McClean got that tattoo since moving to England and that photo is of him making sure everyone gets to see it whilst playing for West Brom. He's doing absolutely nothing to try to put across his views in even a half-sensible way (unlike Duffy) and everything to goad and provoke those who disagree with him.

Fair enough, I completely support anyone's right to wear or not wear a poppy and do so without having to justify themselves but if you flash around a tattoo like that in England whilst earning a fortune here then don't be shocked if you then get called a massive cock.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Are you REALLY comparing McLean with Saville!

Refusing to wear a poppy or to acknowledge the Union Flag does not stop you from being a decent person.
No im not , im illustrating that being very public about charitable donations doesnt necessarily make you a good person
especially doing what he does .when he CHOOSES to.work.here

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm just glad the peace process worked, and the pea brained sectarianism is not as bad as it used to be.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No I don't think you should applaud him, and you clearly have your reasons - however, your insistence on dragging up these sort of thread is frankly tiresome.

Paul McCartney wrote a song Give Ireland Back to the Irish, maybe you would like to start on him next...?

i already have

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Given his views maybe it would make sense if he worked in another country. A talented footballer should be able to earn good money in many other European countries, does seem hypocritical :shrug:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
yeah im strange like that , having no time for someone as hypocritical as mclean , when they tried to kill me personally , perhaps you think i should applaud this bloke , who demonstrably hates us and doesnt mind showing it?

I've told you Nationalialism is awful. You agree, and as I've said before Tommy shouldn't have been there. You should have thought for yourself.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
McClean got that tattoo since moving to England and that photo is of him making sure everyone gets to see it whilst playing for West Brom. He's doing absolutely nothing to try to put across his views in even a half-sensible way (unlike Duffy) and everything to goad and provoke those who disagree with him.

Fair enough, I completely support anyone's right to wear or not wear a poppy and do so without having to justify themselves but if you flash around a tattoo like that in England whilst earning a fortune here then don't be shocked if you then get called a massive cock.

I also think he is a “massive cock” but that’s a world away from stating someone isn’t a ‘decent’ person.

There must be millions working in countries, either by birth or by choice, who don’t agree with aspects of that country’s politics - to suggest they are hypocrites, as some have done, is just silly.

I'm glad he did, I hadn't seen this news until now and quite frankly I feel a tiny bit better than I did before I'd read it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There must be millions working in countries, either by birth or by choice, who don’t agree with aspects of that country’s politics - to suggest they are hypocrites, as some have done, is just silly.

"...disagree with aspects of that country's politics..."

Sorry, but the silly thing would be to try to compare this to someone opposed to capital punishment working in the USA. If you have Anti-British political convictions that strong that you get them permanently written on a part of your body intended for everyone to see then I find it very difficult to get my head around any other explanation.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
"...disagree with aspects of that country's politics..."

Sorry, but the silly thing would be to try to compare this to someone opposed to capital punishment working in the USA. If you have Anti-British political convictions that strong that you get them permanently written on a part of your body intended for everyone to see then I find it very difficult to get my head around any other explanation.

That’s what makes him a “massive cock”. :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
your insistence on dragging up these sort of thread is frankly tiresome.

TBF to Alfred mizen, this story is in today's news, it's about a footballer and this is a football forum.
Point being I find all the political threads on this football forum a bit tiresome.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

SIR Paul McCartney wrote a song Give Ireland Back to the Irish, maybe you would like to start on him next...?

Politically strong, musically weak, banned but better than Mary had a little lamb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here