Homeland [Spoilers within]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I missed the first series of this but see that the second one starts tonight.

Given that the 1st series was apparently fantastic, I'm tempted to watch this new series but does any one know whether it's possible to get on board now - or will I be baffled?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Given that the 1st series was apparently fantastic, I'm tempted to watch this new series but does any one know whether it's possible to get on board now - or will I be baffled?

Shame you missed the first series. It was really good, enjoyed it loads.

Having said that, they will quite easily sum up all the important bits in a five minute summation at the beginning of tonight's episode and you'll be good to go.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Pretty FBI woman suspects ginger US soldier of being a terrorist - no one believes her. Turns out he is... and he has now become a Politician attempting to bring down the US from within. She lost her memory in a bomb blast before being relieved of her job.

12 brilliant episodes summed up badly for you.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Pretty FBI woman suspects ginger US soldier of being a terrorist - no one believes her. Turns out he is... and he has now become a Politician attempting to bring down the US from within. She lost her memory in a bomb blast before being relieved of her job.

That sounds like a pretty good starting point! I'll gibe it a go - although I suspect the main telly will be resolutely tuned to Downton!

Homeland

If you have blinkbox subscription or netflix it's on those for about 19 quid,it was actually rerun on more 4 over the last fortnight,shame you missed it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I thought it started last week?

Was looking forward to episode 2 tonight.

That was a rerun of series 1 over successive nights as a lead into series 2 starting this evening. Series 1 was brilliant with many twists from yes he has been turned, to no he isn't, with the final eposide revealing him taped up with a bomb vest, but not able to go thru with the deed.

Now into poitiical running, and from trailers looks just as good as series 1, can't wait.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Now that The Sopranos has finished its rerun on Sky Atlantic I'm looking for a new series to watch. I'll add Homeland to Sky + but also good to have Boardwalk Empire back.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Good summary

Couple of other points. He was turned into a terrorist when he was held captive after fighting in Iraq. The son of his captor was killed in a bombing raid on a school and it greatly upset the US soldier - who wondered why his side was bombing schools.

The US denied that a school was hit and the main guy doing the covering up is now standing for president. Oh, and there's a mole in the CIA.

EDIT: It's not true that CIA lost her memory in a bomb blast. She voluntarily subjected herself to electric shock therapy as she's bipolar. She was warned this would cause memory loss.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
That's why I love NSC completely bypassed me, will be watching avidly...

Ta everyone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love this show!!

Saw a preview few weeks ago and apparently there's more twists, not alot of answers
Oh, I really hope this doesn't disappear up it's own bottom.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Not quite. She had a mental illness (bipolar, I believe) and kept it from her bosses. Her mental illness, and the fact she went off her meds and in a manic state stole documents from her office and created a collage on her living rooom wall with them as she discovered the truth, then at the end when Soldier's bomb failed it appeared she was wrong she had a breakdown and had electro shock therapy, which caused her memory loss.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I quite enjoyed the 1st series but not bothering with 2nd. It's gonna be predictable nonsense and in truth the 1st series got a bit tedious and Clare Dane's acting was f***ing abysmal.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Well, I enjoyed that! A bit of pre-reading and the "Previously" bit at the beginning were enough to get up and running with but I suspect I might enjoy getting the DVDs to enjoy the backstory when this run is finished.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
And Friday Night Dinner was superb as well.

"It's bloody boiling in here!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports