Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homeland [Spoilers within]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not stupid.

I watched Homeland Monday afternoon.

So from 9pm Sunday night, I didn't open this thread until after I'd watched the programme.

Is it really to much to ask that we keep within the timeline of the programme as it's being shown here.
Same (except Monday evening, not aftertoon, :rolleyes:).

Now then, episode 1: CIA have shat on Carrie's life, suddenly they want her to help. One question: How f***ing much, bitch! Seriously, show me the money. Show me the money! Now I'm all for doing a good dead (in the words of Alan Sugar, 'I do my bit'), but come on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm glad I'm not alone.
No, me too. I watched episode 1 last night, then opened this thread today.

I don't want to watch online, I prefer HD quality on my TV. So I'd be grateful, Sully, if you'd butt out of this thread with your spoilers.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Homeland

Pretty FBI woman suspects ginger US soldier of being a terrorist - no one believes her. Turns out he is... and he has now become a Politician attempting to bring down the US from within. She lost her memory in a bomb blast before being relieved of her job.

12 brilliant episodes summed up badly for you.

It's a bit too Tom Clancy for me. I'll carry on watching though. How on earth it beat Breaking Bad in the Emmys is a travesty. Season 4 is undoubtedly the best tv I've seen in years and I've seen a lot.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
No, me too. I watched episode 1 last night, then opened this thread today.

I don't want to watch online, I prefer HD quality on my TV. So I'd be grateful, Sully, if you'd butt out of this thread with your spoilers.

It is fairly easy to download programs in HD quality only hours after they have been broadcast and to watch on an HD TV. Or so I have been told *cough*.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oooh YES PLEASE! If you would ruin this show for me that would be just FANTASTIC.

f*** sake.

Do you want to know what happens in Breaking Bad or are you being slow on that as well?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It is fairly easy to download programs in HD quality only hours after they have been broadcast and to watch on an HD TV. Or so I have been told *cough*.

I too have been told the same thing which is how people mananged to see Breaking Bad series 5 episodes a few hrs after they were shown in the states.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thank you Mr Stat

But I saw all of the Wire literally in about three weeks a month or so ago, crashed thru it and WELL worth the effort. The first series can be a bit "jive" but you get used to it and loved the different areas for each series.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thank you Mr Stat

But I saw all of the Wire literally in about three weeks a month or so ago, crashed thru it and WELL worth the effort. The first series can be a bit "jive" but you get used to it and loved the different areas for each series.
It's some quality programming.

I only caught onto it because I was finding 'media types' referencing it all the time.

Which I feel is happening now with BB, hence thinking it's probably a pretty good swap.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I still can't get used to our former mono-kidneyed leftback being a narcotics cop in Baltimore.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Saw episode 2 last night... anyone want a spoiler.... big BIG moment at the end of the episode.

Ooops just saw the above post.. just WATCH episode 2 and after that episode they are going to have to do some major restructuring to get it past season 2.

Yeah it was that I was referring to... just... discretely!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Episode 2 really ups the ante, after what I thought was a slow moving (although understandably so) Episode 1.

I'm back on board.

Those watching at UK pace are in for a CRACKER this Sunday.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Screw waiting for Channel 4 to catch up, pumping the episode full of adverts.

Download it immediately after its airing on US TV and you've got a full high quality, uninterrupted version without having to wait. It's a complete no brainer.

However, I have no interest in spoiling it for anyone else so shall now ZIP IT

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Am I the only one who is wondering how on earth did Abu Nazir know the password to the big FBI honcho's safe?

???

Loved the first series but thought this was starting to become inplausible, hope the series doesn't carry on with things like this.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Am I the only one who is wondering how on earth did Abu Nazir know the password to the big FBI honcho's safe?

???

Loved the first series but thought this was starting to become inplausible, hope the series doesn't carry on with things like this.

There is a mole in the CIA

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Just watched second episode of new series- picks up the pace alot - great episode

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
So now we are allowed to talk about it......how good was the second episode then?

I can't wait to watch the third tonight.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Screw waiting for Channel 4 to catch up, pumping the episode full of adverts.

Download it immediately after its airing on US TV and you've got a full high quality, uninterrupted version without having to wait. It's a complete no brainer.

However, I have no interest in spoiling it for anyone else so shall now ZIP IT

Yup, the adverts have pissed me off to the point where I'm now just downloading it. Much better without.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here