He's Gone... Nowhere

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
And I would imagine he wants to avoid a protracted period without a manager. So get the replacement lined up first, then get rid of SH.

It's a crazy wild hope but I was imagining, albeit out of desperation, that this was the only reason Hyypia hadn't been sacked.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think there is a possibility that TB will already know if SH is going to resign now and could be making moves over the weekend for a replacement with a leaving announcement made on Monday followed by an appointment Tuesday when the players are back from day off on Monday.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My guess, and I stress it is only a guess, is that Bloom hasn't been able to find someone suitable to replace him. If he has to pay Hyypia off, he'll be unlikely to want to also have to buy another manager out of an existing contract.

In quite a few areas now, Tony Bloom seems to focus on relatively small short term costs rather than potentially massive long term gains...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My guess, and I stress it is only a guess, is that Bloom hasn't been able to find someone suitable to replace him. If he has to pay Hyypia off, he'll be unlikely to want to also have to buy another manager out of an existing contract.

Why should he have to pay a club as there are many unemployed managers available. I wouldnt want Billy Davies but he would possibly save us from relegation.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I think it will take more than a manager change, there seems to be something rotten within the club, ever since that dark night in May and the shit in the changing room something has been wrong and our decline on the field demonstrates this. Christ knows what it is but TB has to fix it and fix it quick. Make no mistake we are in the do do. To my mind we don't have the players that look like they can cope with a relegation dog fight over the next 5 months, all loanees with no real commitment to the club. We lost the heart of the fine team that GP created and have not replaced it. I feel very sad that the dream has gone so far backwards. Don't get me wrong I know we have survived worse, but I feel so annoyed that we seem to be letting all our hard work slip through our fingers. Relegation would be an unmitigated disaster. TB has to lead and has to sort this out fast. He has saved us once with his huge investment and he has to do it again.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I think it will take more than a manager change, there seems to be something rotten within the club, ever since that dark night in May and the shit in the changing room something has been wrong and our decline on the field demonstrates this. Christ knows what it is but TB has to fix it and fix it quick. Make no mistake we are in the do do. To my mind we don't have the players that look like they can cope with a relegation dog fight over the next 5 months, all loanees with no real commitment to the club. We lost the heart of the fine team that GP created and have not replaced it. I feel very sad that the dream has gone so far backwards. Don't get me wrong I know we have survived worse, but I feel so annoyed that we seem to be letting all our hard work slip through our fingers. Relegation would be an unmitigated disaster. TB has to lead and has to sort this out fast. He has saved us once with his huge investment and he has to do it again.

Survived worse? Who says we'll survive this if we go down? A few chaps in the north east in a place called Darlington probably felt the same way.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I think there is a possibility that TB will already know if SH is going to resign now and could be making moves over the weekend for a replacement with a leaving announcement made on Monday followed by an appointment Tuesday when the players are back from day off on Monday.

they have a day off ?

Alan Gilliver

Oct 18, 2006

spot on

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yes he is a businessman and has made his fortune from it but he's coming across as a bit clueless when it comes to football. Jones will still be here make no mistakes about that, he'll either be the manger till the summer and if we're fortunate enough to find a manger then Jones will be his number two.
This is what I fear

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports