Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

He's Gone... Nowhere

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bloom and the board made it clear at the board meeting this week that Sami is here for the long haul.

It would be a huge loss of face to sack him now and give in to fan pressure. I expect him to tough it out now until the January board meeting and take stock at that point. The crisis may well be over by then - back to back wins and everything looks rosy!
Fan pressure? 1 win in 18 games with, if anything, the team deteriorating week on week. Sacking the manager is the correct thing to do right now.
By and large the fan base has been patient, last night was the breaking point.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Thought it was interesting in his post match interview that Hypia was asked if he had been given any sort of deadlines by Bloom and he replied that he wouldn't comment on that which of course means he had been given some sort of timescale to improve things. Let's hope he has now missed any set deadline.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
If only it were a case of a new manager. Quite clearly problems run much deeper than that....all the way to Bloom. I can understand why he wants the club run business like and for costs to be managed, but structurally the club is a mess. But although its obvious to outsiders, either Bloom doesn't see it that way or he is too proud/stubborn to see it. Either being forced to employ a manager who will only be employed with conditions he aquires players or if relegation happens will necessary change happen. For a gambler im gobsmacked that Bloom didnt gamble on spending £10-£15m on getting to the PL yet seems content to gamble on losing millions in L1.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
How long are Barber and Burke's contracts? Anyone know.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Let's wait until the end of Monday.

So, er, your 'insider' information is: After yet another defeat that leaves us in the relegation zone, our manager might be sacked?

HOLD THE BACK PAGE!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
so much for FFP than, how much is Sherwood/MacDermot et al going to want to earn , minimum wage?

Much less than we will lose if Sammi stays / almost certain relegation.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
In the song that we should sing as a tribute to Tony, The Gambler by the incomparable Kenny Rogers there is a line 'know when to hold em, know when to fold em'...he knows

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The fact that, so far, Tony has failed to sack Sammi, perplexes me. It makes ZERO sense.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The fact that, so far, Tony has failed to sack Sammi, perplexes me. It makes ZERO sense.

Unless of course you are a man that never admits defeat or your wrong, both of which are worrying. A wise man turns the other cheek, admits he is wrong or walks away to fight another day.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

My guess, and I stress it is only a guess, is that Bloom hasn't been able to find someone suitable to replace him. If he has to pay Hyypia off, he'll be unlikely to want to also have to buy another manager out of an existing contract.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

What period do our financial accounts cover ( [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] will know)? Would it be a massive conspiracy theory to suggest that paying off all or part of Sami's contract in this calendar year would put us in risk of either an FFP breach or a projected profit/loss in an audited business plan?

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014

I keep saying it and I'll say it again. Tony will not sack Sami and the only way Sami will leave if he gets fed up and walks and that will leave Nathan Jones as caretaker manager.

Stumpy Tim

My guess, and I stress it is only a guess, is that Bloom hasn't been able to find someone suitable to replace him. If he has to pay Hyypia off, he'll be unlikely to want to also have to buy another manager out of an existing contract.

Nathan Jones would be better than Sami. I know many people don't like Jones, but I'm 100% convinced he would do a better job than Sami. Not saying much obviously

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here