Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

He's Gone... Nowhere

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He did his job very well last night, although we made it easy for him as we were never going to win anything in the air against him last night you could see that from the get go. He was absolutely knackered towards the end which begs the question why did we continue to pump it instead of running at him. Just another fault in Samis game plan.

You see this is where I tend to differ with the common view. Why should it be sami's job to spot that the centre half is knackered and to have to tell professional players earning obscene amounts of money that they should run at him...if you play football at whatever level from junior school to a professional outfit, you know yourself if someone is tiring, or can't head it or just plain useless, you take the game to them. Whilst I understand that Sami must go, that is a given, whoever comes in must take these players and read them the riot act, because they are not doing it like they should. We have some talented players, but they are playing like they don't have a clue what they are doing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
.... so the same club source that told me about Alex Revell and the Coca Cola Kid ( do a search if you don't believe me ) has just told me SH has been sacked.

A number of things :

1. No, I won't name my source
2. Don't go and place a bet on it - it's not my fault if it is wrong
3. Take it with a very small pinch of salt - he's been wrong before but also right before ( as my posting history will confirm )

No he wasn't.

(sorry - I know this looks like after-timing but I couldn't bring myself to look at NSC last night.)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You see this is where I tend to differ with the common view. Why should it be sami's job to spot that the centre half is knackered and to have to tell professional players earning obscene amounts of money that they should run at him...

Do not want to argue with you granny however it is the managers tactics and the manager will have a game plan, he may say in the dressing room do not deviate from my plan it will work..... He is their boss, they must obey, granted some managers may say be more expressive and go for it, but it seems like we are holding back all the time, looking for a black hole to open up so we can go through without a challenge. Very odd last night that Bruno seemed to be holding back in the second half, was he told to reign it in, as he was one of our biggest threats in the first half. I feel it is the managers job, and he just can't do it unfortunately for us.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Sackings right after a game rarely happen anyway. Bloom should do it of course - but it's more likely to happen Sunday/Monday isn't it? (Assuming it's going to happen).

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
Bloom and the board made it clear at the board meeting this week that Sami is here for the long haul.

It would be a huge loss of face to sack him now and give in to fan pressure. I expect him to tough it out now until the January board meeting and take stock at that point. The crisis may well be over by then - back to back wins and everything looks rosy!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bloom and the board made it clear at the board meeting this that Sami is here for the long haul.
QUOTE]

No they didn't.
To my knowledge there have been no reports of what was said at the recent board meeting although Naylor did "report" what Hyypia related had been said in advance of the meeting.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bloom and the board made it clear at the board meeting this week that Sami is here for the long haul.

It would be a huge loss of face to sack him now and give in to fan pressure. I expect him to tough it out now until the January board meeting and take stock at that point. The crisis may well be over by then - back to back wins and everything looks rosy!

Were you at said board meeting then? If not how do you know what happened, I've seen nothing saying that a result of that board meeting was he is here for the long haul. It's what Bloom said a few weeks back, but things change (or not in Hyypia's teams)

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

Very dangerous game to play though - wait til mid-January and by the time a new guy is appointed the transfer window will have all but finished and we could be well adrift with only 18-20 games to turn things around.

I know Tony likes a gamble but gambling on being in L1 (with all the financial backing from American Express - they wont be happy) is a huge risk!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

..............Sami looked COMPLETELY RUINED at the final whistle and the players looked like they wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire , there is no return from some situations , we are , currently, in the shit, Barber waxing off in the programme that the game was of no significant importance just goes to show what a shower of bell -ends we have running the show at the moment......:nono:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
He did his job very well last night, although we made it easy for him as we were never going to win anything in the air against him last night you could see that from the get go. He was absolutely knackered towards the end which begs the question why did we continue to pump it instead of running at him. Just another fault in Samis game plan.

Agree he was a man-mountain. Bent really never managed to deal with him. Very ironic, of Ollie's last two games at the AMEX, one motivated by poo, the next by Shittu.

But what was Sami's game plan with Texeira?The guy played up the right and just ran into defenders. Even when he got the ball over it was inaccurate. The guy is useless in the British game, that's why Brentford hardly used him last season when they had him on loan.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Should of been sacked after the Rotherham game. The guy is not a football manager end of, Garcia was a great tactician and IMO Bloom should of done a lot more to convince him to stay.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

By the January board meeting the transfer window will have opened ane and any useful players will gravitate to those teams who look like they are going to be in the play-offs if not automatic prmotion contenders. Also at Div. 1 leve.

Who would want to come to a team with a manager under a huge cloud and who seemingly does not carry the dressing -room? Someone on here said before last night that players would not play well in order to get Hyypia out. I really doubted that (it's a frightening allegation to say that players would play to lose) but some of the performances on the pitch last night made me wonder...:(

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
Were you at said board meeting then? If not how do you know what happened, I've seen nothing saying that a result of that board meeting was he is here for the long haul. It's what Bloom said a few weeks back, but things change (or not in Hyypia's teams)

Sorry. no. I did see the Argus after the meeting though. 'Hyypia thanks board for backing'. Maybe I just jumped to the conclusion that Bloom stood by what he had said before about Sami being here for 'years'.

Things do change but Mr Bloom does have a stubborn streak.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No he wasn't.

(sorry - I know this looks like after-timing but I couldn't bring myself to look at NSC last night.)

Let's wait until the end of Monday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here