He's Gone... Nowhere

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
My guess, and I stress it is only a guess, is that Bloom hasn't been able to find someone suitable to replace him. If he has to pay Hyypia off, he'll be unlikely to want to also have to buy another manager out of an existing contract.

Then the Barber led 'throw as much mud as possible at the outgoing manager' charade will start again. We saw it with Gus and Oscar and Sami will be next. It will continue to be peddled that the organisation structure is right, it's whoever is the manager who is in the wrong.

Who would want to work in that poisonous environment?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Would a fresh manager/coach solve all our problems with player recruiting & manager empowerment?

I guess a more charismatic, motivational head coach with a mind for tactics would go a long way though.....:albion2:

I think it would as long as the new guy genuinely accepts that he doesn't choose the players.

Some say they are OK with it, but they have to mean it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Then the Barber led 'throw as much mud as possible at the outgoing manager' charade will start again. We saw it with Gus and Oscar and Sami will be next. It will continue to be peddled that the organisation structure is right, it's whoever is the manager who is in the wrong.

Who would want to work in that poisonous environment?

I think the natives have twigged where the blame lies...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Can we change the title of this thread? It's making me sad.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
My guess, and I stress it is only a guess, is that Bloom hasn't been able to find someone suitable to replace him. If he has to pay Hyypia off, he'll be unlikely to want to also have to buy another manager out of an existing contract.

And I would imagine he wants to avoid a protracted period without a manager. So get the replacement lined up first, then get rid of SH.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Lot's of people would and good ones too, we are a very prospect and have huge potential and lets not forget we are PLR...............

What we need to stay up is akin to the miracle Gritt and Slade performed. We need 36 points from 25 games, or to put it another way, nigh on play off form

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Here's hoping you're right and Tony gets his new manager sorted soon.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I keep saying it and I'll say it again. Tony will not sack Sami and the only way Sami will leave if he gets fed up and walks and that will leave Nathan Jones as caretaker manager.

(a) I disagree - ultimately, Tony is a businessman. It makes no business sense to let us drop into L1 (with what that entails financially).
(b) IF Sammi resigns, THEN he will be replaced by an experienced manager, and not Jones. Once bitten, twice shy.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
(a) I disagree - ultimately, Tony is a businessman. It makes no business sense to let us drop into L1 (with what that entails financially).
(b) IF Sammi resigns, THEN he will be replaced by an experienced manager, and not Jones. Once bitten, twice shy.

Yes he is a businessman and has made his fortune from it but he's coming across as a bit clueless when it comes to football. Jones will still be here make no mistakes about that, he'll either be the manger till the summer and if we're fortunate enough to find a manger then Jones will be his number two.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes he is a businessman and has made his fortune from it but he's coming across as a bit clueless when it comes to football. Jones will still be here make no mistakes about that, he'll either be the manger till the summer and if we're fortunate enough to find a manger then Jones will be his number two.

Here's hoping you are wrong. We'll see soon enough (I hope!).

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
What we need to stay up is akin to the miracle Gritt and Slade performed. We need 36 points from 25 games, or to put it another way, nigh on play off form

But for a different perspective we only need a couple of wins to be out of the zone then would just need to better the results of the teams below us.......put that way it doesn't seem quite such a big ask

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent

I agree that if Sami goes Jones is likely to stay.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
.... so the same club source that told me about Alex Revell and the Coca Cola Kid ( do a search if you don't believe me ) has just told me SH has been sacked.

A number of things :

1. No, I won't name my source
2. Don't go and place a bet on it - it's not my fault if it is wrong
3. Take it with a very small pinch of salt - he's been wrong before but also right before ( as my posting history will confirm )

Can you look after my flat for the weekend and fill my car up while I'm away? You seem reliable to me.

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
I've said this before, but Bloom needs a 'football man' in charge at this club to help make the big decisions on the pitch. I.e. a director of football with heaps of experience in both the premier league and also the championship, as well as good contacts for transfers.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He might be sacked by Monday - who knows. He wasn't sacked last night as you stated.

Indeed, I stated he was sacked after the match Friday and it would be announced Monday. Hence my 'let's wait until Monday' post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports