Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

He's Gone... Nowhere

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So it looks I'll need to update my signature pretty soon :)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Why should he have to pay a club as there are many unemployed managers available. I wouldnt want Billy Davies but he would possibly save us from relegation.
With the recent discussion about club employees posting on here to keep pushing the corporate nonsense could you please confirm that you are not one of them?

Billy Davies ffs!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A work colleague of mine mentioned that a friend of his, who works in the catering at the AMEX, said that the ground was awash with talk of the manager's dismissal on Friday night.

The thing with these rumours is they generally trace back to one original source. Hopefully it's a reliable one.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If they put Jones in charge for the remainder of the season then we may as well throw in the towel now. Wolves failed when they put Connor in charge after firing McCarthy, and this would be no different

Oh it could work out like the chap at Brentford ?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Maybe they just want a solid candidate in place before they give Sami the push???

This has to be the case. Think back to the last man employed under Dick Knight, Russel Slade, his team was more or less in a similar position we had recently seen large investment in players (for our modest Withdean budget) with Murray and Bennett arriving but the team just wasn't performing and we seemed to be slipping ungracefully into a relegation fight. From what I recall TB was already in all but control at this time and that's what saw Slade off but only when Poyet was already lined up. None of this tedious it's a decision process that has to be gone through, we'll announce it when we're ready clap trap.

Fire the old guy but only when the new guy is in place. If nothing else you would like to think that TB has learnt from his last two experiences that this is the way to do it to ensure that you get the maximum new manager bounce. When you do what we've now done twice players could get comfy thinking that while the club ponders they can just go through the motions. What I want is someone with a bit of firebrand about them that can make wholesale changes to the squad, bring a bit of fear into their bellies and make being in the first XI competitive again.

Lets face it some of this squad need a massive kick up the proverbial because they've not been displaying the required levels of passion and commitment. I thought Bruno was exemplary at this against Millwall it was like something had given him back an extra five years of life because he was flying into challenges, rushing to get the ball back, barking orders and taking throw ins quickly with a sense of urgency while the likes of Gardner and JFC farted along with their hands on their hips.

We need XI fighters out there atm, chalk off this season to experience once we dig ourselves out of the crud and then get rid of players with the wrong mental attitude and go again.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
shirly we have to believe the OP otherwise he'd be just be a bit of a sad, annoying fool which shirly can't be the case! Can it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This has to be the case. Think back to the last man employed under Dick Knight, Russel Slade, his team was more or less in a similar position we had recently seen large investment in players (for our modest Withdean budget) with Murray and Bennett arriving but the team just wasn't performing and we seemed to be slipping ungracefully into a relegation fight. From what I recall TB was already in all but control at this time and that's what saw Slade off but only when Poyet was already lined up. None of this tedious it's a decision process that has to be gone through, we'll announce it when we're ready clap trap.

Fire the old guy but only when the new guy is in place. If nothing else you would like to think that TB has learnt from his last two experiences that this is the way to do it to ensure that you get the maximum new manager bounce. When you do what we've now done twice players could get comfy thinking that while the club ponders they can just go through the motions. What I want is someone with a bit of firebrand about them that can make wholesale changes to the squad, bring a bit of fear into their bellies and make being in the first XI competitive again.

Lets face it some of this squad need a massive kick up the proverbial because they've not been displaying the required levels of passion and commitment. I thought Bruno was exemplary at this against Millwall it was like something had given him back an extra five years of life because he was flying into challenges, rushing to get the ball back, barking orders and taking throw ins quickly with a sense of urgency while the likes of Gardner and JFC farted along with their hands on their hips.

We need XI fighters out there atm, chalk off this season to experience once we dig ourselves out of the crud and then get rid of players with the wrong mental attitude and go again.

Great post

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
.... so the same club source that told me about Alex Revell and the Coca Cola Kid ( do a search if you don't believe me ) has just told me SH has been sacked.

Spot on Westdene Seagull... I hope your predictions for UKIP are equally wrong!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
A work colleague of mine mentioned that a friend of his, who works in the catering at the AMEX, said that the ground was awash with talk of the manager's dismissal on Friday night.

The thing with these rumours is they generally trace back to one original source. Hopefully it's a reliable one.

Absolutely anyone could have popped their head up above the parapet and said "Hyppia will be sacked tonight/tomorrow" etc. after Friday's display just so they can say "told you so!". In fact, I think even the Millwall fans said it "Your'e getting sacked in the morning!":ffsparr:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I love these ITK but no wont reveal my source. Attention seeking nonsense. Surprised WW had you as one of the good guys.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Everyone can see he should be sacked just that the board domt have the balls to do it for whatever mysterious reason.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I love these ITK but no wont reveal my source. Attention seeking nonsense. Surprised WW had you as one of the good guys.

I'll happily apologise at the end of the day if I've passed on duff info but midday wasn't my statement. As for keeping my source secret - what on earth did you expect. He got Revell and CKR right so I had no reason to doubt him.

EDIT - who is WW ?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I hoped it was going to be Club backed him but he decided to go - bit of saving grace and money for both parties.

If the club was seriously thinking of sacking him they would have done it straight away after Friday, waiting for Monday would have been buying time or hesitancy.

If it doesn't happen today he ain't walking and and I can't see them doing it before wolves now.

Good headline for Sat though - Sami thrown to the Wolves!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'll happily apologise at the end of the day if I've passed on duff info but midday wasn't my statement. As for keeping my source secret - what on earth did you expect. He got Revell and CKR right so I had no reason to doubt him.

EDIT - who is WW ?

It's obvious you weren't doing this for attention, and it still may come true, so wouldn't worry about it :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here