Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Haywards heath

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
In fairness, the Jacob's Post isn't really a pub. It's a shop that used to sell carpets or something and now sells lagers and crisps from its key position between an estate agents and W H Smith's.

Meanwhile, Burgess Hill's real pubs seem to be evaporating. I had my last beer as a married man in the Royal George, which is now a block of horrible-looking flats, the Junction caught fire and the King's Head just sort of expired earlier this year.

If I'm in B Hill I tend to go the Woolpack, a bit out of the way but a decent pub and they have the toad in the hole game. Excellent fun even though I'm hopeless at it

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If I'm in B Hill I tend to go the Woolpack, a bit out of the way but a decent pub and they have the toad in the hole game. Excellent fun even though I'm hopeless at it

You can't be that far from me! Lincoln Imp cites three pubs that, in all the time I have been in Burgess Hill, were probably the three worst pubs!!!! Also, Lincoln Imp would not classify the Woolpack as a pub because it used to be a farmhouse!!!!

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I lived in Haywards Heath for only a year. And found it very dull. It's better now only because of the Broadway bars.
If you commute to London from there, it's a nightmare unless you enjoy standing on trains or you start work very early. Plenty of choice of train, mind. Just no seats (except occasionally on trains from Seaford).

Ive been commuting to victoria from hh for the last 7 months and have never failed to get a seat, whereas from hove i oftendidnt get a seat.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You can't be that far from me! Lincoln Imp cites three pubs that, in all the time I have been in Burgess Hill, were probably the three worst pubs!!!! Also, Lincoln Imp would not classify the Woolpack as a pub because it used to be a farmhouse!!!!

I'd think that most pubs are in buildings that used to be something else. The Woolpack is a recent example of one converted from a house but most of the oldest pubs were once houses (hence 'public house'). All I'm saying is that few of them are in knocked about shops in places like Church Road. I did go in there once and bought a perfectly nice cup of coffee.

You're right about the Royal George, Junction and King's Head. All a bit gruesome. I used to like the Brewers. Convenient for the Three Monkeys coffee bar.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
In my experience, it's full of snobby, pretentious, money orientated, back stabbing ladder climbers, who seemingly can't stay faithful to their partners.....
Apart from that, it's fine

Yep, that sums us all up nicely. There's nothing complicated about you EEES!

:thumbsup:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I work in HH and lived there for a year - now back in brighton.

HH is good bars on broadway are ok at the weekend - nizam curry very good -brighton 12 minutes on fast train - there are worse and better places in sussex 7/10.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Ive been commuting to victoria from hh for the last 7 months and have never failed to get a seat, whereas from hove i oftendidnt get a seat.

Just out of interest, which train do you get in the morning?

Will soon be moving to HH from Hassocks. Can always get a seat at Hassocks, but my train is sometimes full by time it gets to HH.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Gary Wall who is the leader of Mid Sussex district Council and happens to have an address in Priory Mews, directly opposite priory and therefore probably one of the local residents who may well complain (allegedly)!!!!!

Apparently he is a 1901 member as well, mmmm interesting.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Its a suburb of haywards heath really isnt it, theres no gap of countryside in between is there ?

Don't let the residents of Lindfield hear you call them a suburb of Haywards Heath!

Traditionally the River Scrase (a small tributury of the Ouse) forms a natural border between the two. Plus the only bit of green belt between the the two is the scrase Valley nature reserve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here