Haywards heath

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I someone on a course once who told any poor sod in ear shot of how she lived in Brighton blah blah blah. Eventually I enquired as to whereabouts. 'Er opposite a Pub called Jacobs Post'

Oh that part of Brighton. Burgess Hill!

Looking on the plus side, she's likely to have a level of literacy beyond that of a 6 year old. Unlike some.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I lived in Haywards Heath for only a year. And found it very dull. It's better now only because of the Broadway bars.
If you commute to London from there, it's a nightmare unless you enjoy standing on trains or you start work very early. Plenty of choice of train, mind. Just no seats (except occasionally on trains from Seaford).

D

Deleted User X18H

I used to love the announcer at Haywards Heath station ' aywards heaf 'aywards heaf this is aywards heaf - this train calls at, Burgess 'ill , assocks, Preston Park , Hoove , Pawtslade......

Miss him.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Hawyards Heath is a boring town but that doesn't mean it's a bad place to live. If you commute to London there's nowhere better becasue of the vast amount of fast trains (you do get a seat normally). If you've got kids there are good schools and the atmosphere of the town is friendly enough.

Best of all, it's surrounded by lovely countryside and if you can live in one of the villages just outside then do. One of the of things I love about where I live is the ability to wander out of my front door and be in the fields or woods within five minutes.

Depends what stage of life you're at I think - probably not the place for you if you're 18 and looking for excitement, definitely the place if you're looking start your family off somewhere safe and peaceful but still very easy to reach London and Brighton from.

D

Deleted member 18477

Haywards Heath is nice. If you want to live in a big city with loads of people everywhere all the time then move to Brighton. If you want to live in a middle sized town then move to haywards Heath. With London 45 mins away on some trains and Brighton 20 mins away you're laughing. Burgess hill isn't that bad either. Brighton also has its shit areas so don't take the biased views too seriously. NSC isn't really the best place to find info like this IMO because if it's not where some people live, you'll find its automatically shit.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are plenty of Chelsea supporters living in HH if that's your bag

There are plenty of London team fans based in Brighton as well. Haywards heath is a seagulls town. We have to turn away people at every home game for our double decker coach.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
are you sure

Attachments

• pub.jpg
    pub.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 88

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
The town itself is pleasant even if it does require a few changes; the train station needs to be modernised instead of smelling of disinfectant, a couple of new pubs (especially a Wetherspoons) and some decent clothes shops instead of all the derelect buildings and charity shops.

The people can be a bit snobbish (they thought a 99p store would bring the image of the town down!), there's been an influx of middle-class Indians coming in in the last few years who are friendly plus a few nutters around like in any town but it's a place you feel safe walking around at any time of day or night. A nice place to bring up a family.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:Thanks for the advice, dull, boring, good place for kids.......Sounds like my sort of town.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well? It's better than Burgess Hill.

Didn't take long for a HH snob to make an appearance!

There's nothing between the towns. Both have good and bad areas. H/H has the broadway bars but probably only one reasonable pub, The Star. The bars in B/H aren't great but there are plenty of pubs. In terms of property, you get more for your money in B/H, you also get a cinema and a better leisure centre. As for trains, if you do commute, you should check to see what trains you need to catch to get a seat at H/H. I used to commute from Wivelsfield for about 8 years and probably only failed to get a seat on a handful of occassions. However, there were many getting on at H/H that had to stand.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't like it. Typical small town.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports