Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever met a footballer on holiday?

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Met Paul Brooker in Alcudia on the Northern part of Majorca back in 2002

Still remember his face when one of our group of 8 see him walk onto the beach with his mates and go "Its Bozza" - He didn't have to say anything but i'm guessing "oh shit" went through his head. Was polite though and did the pics !!!

He was completely trolleyed on the nights he was out (inc asleep in one bar) and on one night where i was in after the night before the others met Paul Terry with him. Our very own Lee Steele was also driving up to meet them but got lost on the way and gave up.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Steve McManaman in a cafe in Polis, Cyprus. He seemed like a really nice bloke.

Harry Redknapp in the Shell Bay Restaurant, Dorset. He spent most of the time on the phone despite being there with his wife and a couple of friends!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Met most of Wimbledon FC in Arenal in the early 80s and boy they were fecking mental

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I met the whole Sampdoira squad in 1994/5 ish, at Gatwick airport when I was going to spain with my familly, I was only ten. Got a photo with David Platt. Also saw Walter Zenga and Mr Lombardo. They had been playing a pre seson tounament in Britain somewhere.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've had most of my encounters with footballers at race tracks. Chatted with Le Tissier at Goodwood, and both Kevin Campbell and Michael Owen at Wolverhampton. Le Tiss and Campbell were great company.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here