Have you ever met a footballer on holiday?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Spoke to Joe Cole in June 2008 in Discovery Cove, Florida. Top bloke! His missus looked well fit in a bikini! :thumbsup:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
john gannon sheffield utd , bumped into him and a 2nd cousin of mine on holiday in magaluf 1989, also spoke to colin harvey the everton manager on the same holiday.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm amazed at how many people have met a footballer on holiday.

I never have but have stayed at the same hotel as Kim Barnett, ex-Derby and England cricketer- not quite the same thing though.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Yes, John Terry on a EASYJET flight to Tenerife. Rude to us too!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I didn't meet but was walking slightly ahead of Bryan Robson at Sea World in Orlando in 1996. He looked an arrogant dick walking with his hands in his pockets whilst his wife (I assume) was walking about 10 yrds behind carrying about 6 rucksacks and bags. Looked like there were about 4 or 5 kids with them.

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
We were walking along the front in Porto Banus 5 years ago when I said to my missus, ''That looks like Bobby Zamora going up the steps into that nightclub''...... ''Cooey Bobby'' she says in her drunken manner and follows that up with a quick ''Seagulls'', and I`m fully expecting him to smile and get into this swanky club as quickly as possible but he doesn`t instead he tells his mates to hang on a mo (Jodie someone ex Chelsea) and comes back down the stairs and has a chat with us.

Quality bloke is Bobby.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I met Phil Neal in Puerto Banus many years ago, and was directed to my villa later that day by Lionel Blair:eek:
Bjorn Borg was apparently there too, but didn't see him.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Met Joe Corrigan when he came on a cruise on my ship. He was highly amused when I asked him, "Are you the famous GK, Joe Corrigan?" "Yes" he replied.
"Ex Brighton?"
You had to be there.

Let Mike Small & Johnny Byrne have it the Pink Coconut one Sat' night after a thrashing at Oldham. They took it well to be fair.

if france had progressed to the world cup final in 86 they were due to stay in our hotel! had all the referees in our hotel! george courtney ok chap,aussie ref was nothampton born and bred???

Attachments

• scan0009.jpg
    scan0009.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 125

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports