Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever met a footballer on holiday?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I was lucky enough to meet Wes Brown & Kevin Phillips this May, my seven year old was lucky enough to have a kick about with KP.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Met Johan Cruyff and his son Jordi in the south of France once.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure if this counts, but I saw Gary Hart in Brighton, when I was on holiday in the Old Country from Australia.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
spent a few days in Tunisia to take in the England friendly prior to the 1990 world cup, not realising i had booked into the same hotel as the team. Met John Barnes and Steve Hodge and had a chat with Bobby Robson (RIP) while relaxing by the pool

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I was lucky enough to meet Wes Brown & Kevin Phillips this May, my seven year old was lucky enough to have a kick about with KP.

He was strangely quiet, which I took just to be his character, but now it all fits into place, he saw the boys Albion kits and thought we were the welcoming party and he became shy ... it all fits doesn't it?

Either that or he thought I'm on holiday and the last thing I want to talk about is football, especially with some bloke and kids from such a low level outfit!

Eastbourne Stripes

Smith must score
Jun 8, 2009
Eastbourne
went on a lads holiday to Falaraki in 1990,not well planned as we flew out the same day as the Semi-Final and missed the second half, met Ronnie Whelan and John Aldridge whilst there both nice fellas

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gary Hart in Lanzarote, 2001 I think. He was staying at the same apartments, and wore his Albion shorts around the pool.

Legend.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
walked past Peter Beardsley and his family outside Harrods on Friday - didn't stop him though as he looked in a hurry.....

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
Met Bob Isaac in St Lucia? (some Caribbean island they all blend into one) about 6 years ago - went on the lash with him - top bloke - he ended up in the sea at 3 oclock in the morning - I on the other hand managed to block the sink in the room ... happy days:drink:
Saw him the next morning and he was up for another drinking session ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here