Have you ever met a footballer on holiday?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Entire Arsenal squad about 18 years ago when I was about 9 / 10 going to France for a tour or early season Euro match by ferry (those were the days) and coach. Was the English back 5 era. I was just going on holiday and dad being Liverpool fan wasn't impressed when someone connected to club gave me a colouring book or activity book thing as I did it all holiday on the beach etc. and he thought I might convert.

Not so fussed with Brighton as I take him to games fairly often now, but if we ever reach Prem could be different hehe

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I met and spoke to Jeff Minton in 98 walking along the beach in the Algarve, same holiday also met Lee Sharpe.

In 2001 Also in Portugal, was staying at the Same Hotel As the Real Madrid Team, found myself having a piss next to R.Carlos. watched them train on the pitches along the road too.

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
Met Teddy Sheringham in 1998 in Orlando Airport whilst he was buying a golf magazine.
Not on holiday, but have met 7 members of the England 1966 World Cup team/squad.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Yes, June 97, Halkadiki, Greece.

One of the Hereford players (it might even have been their captain)

An interesting conversation.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I met the whole Albion squad having a pee together in an M1 service station in 2008 - just before the Leeds game ... I peed next to Andrew Whing

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I met and spoke to Jeff Minton in 98 walking along the beach in the Algarve, same holiday also met Lee Sharpe.

In 2001 Also in Portugal, was staying at the Same Hotel As the Real Madrid Team, found myself having a piss next to R.Carlos. watched them train on the pitches along the road too.

Could he make it bend?

D

Deleted member 2719

I did meet a West Ham scout in Majorca and we talked about Zamora this was when he had gone to Spurs he said BZ was to slow for the premiership, i said bolloxs and the rest is history.

MB 1 Premiership scout 0.

If Warren Aspinal wants any help just pm me!!

:clap2:

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
John Wark was staying at our hotel in Greece 1984 (26 years ago, blimey!!!!).
I think it was around the time he moved from Ipswich to Liverpool!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports