Have I underestimated CH?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I think if you're looking for widespread changes your going to be disappointed.

An astute manager with a settled side and a new player or 2 who can put the ball in the net will change things around. Like Bournemouth and Brentford have achieved with lots of League 1 players.

need more than 1 or 2 players!!!! - at least 5 new first team players needed imo, and making sure we sign quality not the dross that we signed this season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Surely we'll bring in 6 new players to replace the out of contracts and returning loans.

As well as buying direct replacements for any sold - OGrady, Dunk etc.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
need more than 1 or 2 players!!!! - at least 5 new first team players needed imo, and making sure we sign quality not the dross that we signed this season

Agreed. Bearing in mind the amount of players who are set to leave either because of their contract being up or loan players returning to their parent club, will def need to be five or more. Defence alone needs at least three.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
It's unrealistic to expect much more than CH has achieved. Looking forward to next year and hoping for much better

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Actually, thi biggest problem in building the squad for next year is going to be off-loading a lot of the trash that he inherited and trying to get something for them. What he gets for who goes will play a big part on what we have to spend.

He also needs to use the loan market well because a core squad is needed but a few good loan signings helps to join the dots to make a decent squad a good squad

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Actually, thi biggest problem in building the squad for next year is going to be off-loading a lot of the trash that he inherited and trying to get something for them. What he gets for who goes will play a big part on what we have to spend.

He also needs to use the loan market well because a core squad is needed but a few good loan signings helps to join the dots to make a decent squad a good squad

I can understand using words like dead wood, or at worst, rubbish players, but TRASH? These are people, not trash.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am glad recently have improved. However, I am concerned that the passing, possesion based style is being slowly erroded.

If it had continued you would have concerned and eroded yourself right down into League 1. And anyhow. The passing game hasn't gone. It is there in abundance in some matches. In other matches when CH realises that is not what is needed then he adapts tactics accordingly - It is called being a good manager who uses his squad to the best of their ability.

Hypia tried to make Third division standard players, play like they had the quality of players at Liverpool. They don't and you cut your cloth to suit your budget

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I can understand using words like dead wood, or at worst, rubbish players, but TRASH? These are people, not trash.

It was no reference to them personally. Perhaps a wrong choice if word on my part but that was all so apologies if anyone might have bee offended

Whilst this season has been a huge disappointment, I have this strange gut feeling next season won't be a play off push, it will be automatic promotion:clap:
Laugh now in vituperation all ye doubting Thomases, for thou shalt be laughing with exalted joy next May

Verily Brother Coldeanseagull it shall be and the one known as Inigo shalt lead the blessed hoard of Albion to the land of Sky.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I really think he's very on the ball tactically. The CMS/Tex combo that worked so beautifully at home the other week. Yesterday knowing we'd need O'Grady up top, a big gap from the defenders to O'Grady and utilising Tex and Ledesma in that space. Kayal's been a superb signing too.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm sure in a few months time they'll be plenty trying to hound him out of the club.

Certainly true at some point in the future, which will be a shame for a decent, straight forward, sensible guy. Sill, won't stop me baying for blood when it comes, unfortunately. Hope it's a way off yet.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I like him. He knows this league. Even my wife ,who does not go to football says that he sounds good on the radio. There will be someone on here who wants him out because he looked at them a bit funny 25 years ago. Normally someone on here has an agenda. Ashley Barnes was hounded out.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So far he seems to be pragmatic, sensible, knowledgeable, open and honest, tactically astute and an all round decent bloke who has a high degree of control over playing matters, with a good team surrounding him. It'll never work.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm a big fan of his for this level; we should be very happy to have a manager like him. His undoing will probably be expectation levels next season however.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports