Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hasidic Jews look like freaks

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It is called an eruv.

An eruv is an area within which observant Jews can carry or push objects on the Sabbath, (which lasts from sunset on Friday to sunset on Saturday), without violating a Jewish law that prohibits carrying anything except within the home. There are over 200 eruvs (or eruvim) in the world.

An eruv must be 'completely enclosed'. The area is not enclosed by building a special wall round it - most of it is enclosed by existing natural boundaries like railway lines or walls. What matters is that the area is completely enclosed by boundaries that conform to Jewish law. The North West London eruv has been recognised as valid by the London Beth Din - the Orthodox Jewish religious court

...and before people start slagging off Jewish people, just think who our club chairman is...yeah, the bloke whose cash has effectively bankrolled Falmer and assured the future of our club!

...some people are just plain thick!

Anyone who believes this kind of crap must have a brain the size of a pea.

So a piece of wire is needed to allow you to "push things around" on a Saturday. Says who exactly?

And what the f*** does the Orthodox Jewish religious court know about anything?

And by the way, as far as I know our chairman id not a Hasidic Jew. It's those freaks I'm having a go at.

So a piece of wire is needed to allow you to "push things around" on a Saturday. Says who exactly?

And by the way, as far as I know our chairman id not a Hasidic Jew. It's those freaks I'm having a go at.

Leave them alone. What have they done to you? Vent your anger & frustration on our manager or pithy football team, may I suggest?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Ignorant twat. Ever been to Israel. Take a look here. Do all Catholics wear Habits? Boy you are stupid

This will make you proud

YouTube - Cool Facts about Israel - New Version - Israeli Music

No, I haven't been to Israel and have no desire to. Just as I haven't ever been to Saudi Arabia and have no desire to.

Not sure I can understand one word of what you're saying about catholics and habits. Guess I must be stupid.

And for clarity, I think you will find that the point of this post was to ask whether it was fair for hasidic jews to impose on their young sons the requirement to look as freakish as their fathers.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

Surely it is all about religious symbolism, much in the same way as burning incense, lighting candles and taking communion are important for many other relgions...they don't do anyone any harm but mean a great deal to those who take part...where is the problem, I can't see any!

(Though I must say that I take issue with circumcision at birth, based on parental belief, as far as I am concerned that is nothing better than mutilating a child who has absolutely no say in the matter)

Dandyman

In London village.
Is it? Found it quite interesting. I read somewhere that the Nazis allowed Zionist camps in pre war Germany and isn't there some evidence that jews funded Hitler?

Which Jews funded Hitler as opposed to having their homes and possessions stolen by his thugs?

BTW The Jews in the Wehrmacht angle does not work either as Jews were banned from the armed forces from 1935. Anyone of Jewish heritage who did serve in the German army/navy/air force was not regarded as a Jew by the Nazis.

Surely it is all about religious symbolism, much in the same way as burning incense, lighting candles and taking communion are important for many other relgions...they don't do anyone any harm but mean a great deal to those who take part...where is the problem, I can't see any!

(Though I must say that I take issue with circumcision at birth, based on parental belief, as far as I am concerned that is nothing better than mutilating a child who has absolutely no say in the matter)

Not just jews, muslims, half of africa & ....... also all our Royal Family are circumcised at birth.

Interestingly, up and till recently many americans were circumcised at birth as part of their 'national health service'. I believe the operation has to be paid for now if not covered by their insurance scheme

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Don't force your religious symbolism on your kids who are not old enough to make an educated decision as to whether they want to be frigging hasidic jews and look like freaks.

I have no problem with people dressing up if they want to ... it's a free world ... and if they want to look like freaks then it's their decision. But forcing it on little kids is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Jan 30, 2008
Which Jews funded Hitler as opposed to having their homes and possessions stolen by his thugs?

BTW The Jews in the Wehrmacht angle does not work either as Jews were banned from the armed forces from 1935. Anyone of Jewish heritage who did serve in the German army/navy/air force was not regarded as a Jew by the Nazis.

kapos ???

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Don't force your religious symbolism on your kids who are not old enough to make an educated decision as to whether they want to be frigging hasidic jews and look like freaks.

I have no problem with people dressing up if they want to ... it's a free world ... and if they want to look like freaks then it's their decision. But forcing it on little kids is wrong, wrong, wrong.

With all due respect, you're talking total bollocks IMHO.

All people, no matter their culture or religion bring up their children in keeping with their own culture and religion. Don't think parents from cultures with no apparent outward expression of a fundamental set of beliefs and values are any different, because they are not.

Perhaps deep down you're jealous that the people you're calling freaks have a strong sense of identity whilst you have none ? No need to get worked up about it. :wink:

Jan 30, 2008
With all due respect, you're talking total bollocks IMHO.

All people, no matter their culture or religion bring up their children in keeping with their own culture and religion. Don't think parents from cultures with no apparent outward expression of a fundamental set of beliefs and values are any different, because they are not.

Perhaps deep down you're jealous that the people you're calling freaks have a strong sense of identity whilst you have none ? No need to get worked up about it. :wink:

they know no different from childhood, that's brainwashing in my book ??

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
they know no different from childhood, that's brainwashing in my book ??

How the f*** do you think children from whatever country, culture or religion they're from learn anything ? It's from the adults in their life, and primarily from their parents if the child is lucky enough to have any that care. Call it heritage, call it tradition or whatever you like, but it's all passed down to us from our parents and the society in which we grow up. Remember, children up to a certain age can't even dress themselves. Do you think the very clothes a parent chooses to put on their child is devoid of any social conditioning, belief system or tradition then ? And it doesn't stop at clothes.

You're a fine one to be talking about brainwashing :lolol:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Das Rimmer is immune to brainwashing due to the lack of a fundemental ingrediant in that process.:dasreich:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here