Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hasidic Jews look like freaks

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
NSC is a place to challenge bigoted ignorance, not hide it.

In my opinion.

I don't think either of us are naive enough to believe that any amount of thread pages are going to change anyone's opinion Lord B. It's just another day in paradise, at the end of which the right stay on the right and the left stay on the left.

:bigwave:

In my opinion.

Says Rabbi Bracknellovits

rabbi.JPG

090904_1_b.gif

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

In my opinion.

Quite right, but there is only so much reasoned debate that you can put yourself through before coming to the conclusion that some will never change their minds!

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
IS this some sort of racist thread against the jews or something? Pull yourself together for goodness sake. Let people do what they want, this is Great Britain not China or some crazy commie country.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
IS this some sort of racist thread against the jews or something? Pull yourself together for goodness sake. Let people do what they want, this is Great Britain not China or some crazy commie country.

I hope you're joking. I thought you loved racism?!

Greeno

Oct 16, 2009
I fail to understand why any religion should feel they can 'own' land based on an imaginary, and that when they want more they just get their high court to rule that 'jewish families used to live there'. Im not say it should belon to any religion, it should belong to the people that lived there fore centuries before in peace, and not some racist jews and their american backers

Thats fair enough as it is your opinion. However, as you feel confident enough to pass such a judgement based on your knowledge of the conflict, I am sure you are aware of all the times Jews had been living there peacefully but had been thrown out in the past; by the Romans, then by the Crusaders, then by the Ottomans. So if we are to use the idea that it belongs to people that lived there for centuries in peace, then surely, all prejudice aside, Jews have a right to be there as much as the Arabs as they too had been there for centuries before in peace, yet they were chucked out and fed to the Europeans and their gas chambers.

'jewish families used to live there'- on this point, it was found that Jews had legal documents to prove that they owned the land and the Arabs there had nothing to prove that they should be there, so in comes the argument about what is moral (as the arabs had been living there for generations) and what is legal. They chose to take the legal approach which is fair enough as if one were to look at cases brought before our Court of Appeal or House of Lords (Supreme Court) the judges dont always take the view of what is right, rather what is legal.

Greeno

Oct 16, 2009
Aren't these Volvo driving dudes actually against the idea an Israeli state?

There is a group called the Naturai Karta who represent a minute, practically irrelevant, percentage of Hassidim. Not only can you find them at protests villifying Israel, but you can also find them at Holocaust Denail conferences run by the leader of Iran himself.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
There is a group called the Naturai Karta who represent a minute, practically irrelevant, percentage of Hassidim. Not only can you find them at protests villifying Israel, but you can also find them at Holocaust Denail conferences run by the leader of Iran himself.

This group don't actualy denie the holocaust do they. They say that it could of been prevented but the zionist hindered any attempt to come to a comprimise.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008

Are you ill? You always tell me racist jokes.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Thats fair enough as it is your opinion. However, as you feel confident enough to pass such a judgement based on your knowledge of the conflict, I am sure you are aware of all the times Jews had been living there peacefully but had been thrown out in the past; by the Romans, then by the Crusaders, then by the Ottomans. So if we are to use the idea that it belongs to people that lived there for centuries in peace, then surely, all prejudice aside, Jews have a right to be there as much as the Arabs as they too had been there for centuries before in peace, yet they were chucked out and fed to the Europeans and their gas chambers.

'jewish families used to live there'- on this point, it was found that Jews had legal documents to prove that they owned the land and the Arabs there had nothing to prove that they should be there, so in comes the argument about what is moral (as the arabs had been living there for generations) and what is legal. They chose to take the legal approach which is fair enough as if one were to look at cases brought before our Court of Appeal or House of Lords (Supreme Court) the judges dont always take the view of what is right, rather what is legal.

When did the Ottomans expel the jews? I had always thought that the Ottoman empire was for it's time rather tolerent and indeed had allowed some immigation of jewish people back to Jerusalem.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I believe it is life experience that changes peoples minds

That is very true, but when someone starts out with one that is incredibly tiny it doesn't give you much to work with!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here