Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has to be done - Potter In or Out?

Potter in or out

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
In as I'm a big fan of the free-flowing football that Potter's brought.

That said, there are still big questions to be answered regarding set pieces and our finishing.

GP will need to resolve those as a matter of urgency or risk losing the goodwill that his style of football has delivered.

Long wait on the set pieces, it's been almost a season and a half with no improvement. If anything they have got worse. We need a younger Murray

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Some people here should know better: A1X, AIT76, Albion Dan, Albion_Dave, Barnham Seagull, Billy the Fish, Biscuit Barrel, blockhseagull, Brian Fantana, BRIGHT ON Q, Brighton4Cambridge3, Clive Walker, clockend1983, elwheelio, essbee1, Ethelwulf, ExmouthExile, fleet, flint, forumwayseagull, Fred Oliver - Legend, Hamilton, John Byrnes Mullet, junior, KeithDublin, Lenny Rider, Man of Harveys, milliepops, moggy, Monsieur Le Plonk, neilbard, nordicgod, Offside Oz, oldboyroy, One Love, oxymoron, PILTDOWN MAN, Pure magic!, Saunders, Scunner, seagull 1979, seagull77, SI 4 BHA, Solid at the back, southstandandy, Statto, Sulcy, Superphil, Supersub, SWINDON SEAGULL, Taxi, The Albion, The Merry Prankster, thedonkeycentrehalf, This is me, Tirrell, TottonSeagull, TSB, Turkeydove, Uncle Spielberg, Voroshilov, warmleyseagull, wehatepalace, whosthedaddy, wigman, wilf tranter, Zebedee

Good luck typing the list if we lose the next 2

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

But on the plus side [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] will be able to afford the new Apple earphones.

Which is nice. :lol: :kiss:

D

Deleted member 2719

Some people here should know better: A1X, AIT76, Albion Dan, Albion_Dave, Barnham Seagull, Billy the Fish, Biscuit Barrel, blockhseagull, Brian Fantana, BRIGHT ON Q, Brighton4Cambridge3, Clive Walker, clockend1983, elwheelio, essbee1, Ethelwulf, ExmouthExile, fleet, flint, forumwayseagull, Fred Oliver - Legend, Hamilton, John Byrnes Mullet, junior, KeithDublin, Lenny Rider, Man of Harveys, milliepops, moggy, Monsieur Le Plonk, neilbard, nordicgod, Offside Oz, oldboyroy, One Love, oxymoron, PILTDOWN MAN, Pure magic!, Saunders, Scunner, seagull 1979, seagull77, SI 4 BHA, Solid at the back, southstandandy, Statto, Sulcy, Superphil, Supersub, SWINDON SEAGULL, Taxi, The Albion, The Merry Prankster, thedonkeycentrehalf, This is me, Tirrell, TottonSeagull, TSB, Turkeydove, Uncle Spielberg, Voroshilov, warmleyseagull, wehatepalace, whosthedaddy, wigman, wilf tranter, Zebedee

There are a few surprises in there and a few predictable ones.

I wonder how many on the fence didn't have the gonads to jump in amongst them???

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It's like the old days. Ain't nostalgia great......

Wilkins out
Mcgee out
Hinchlewood out
Adams out
Slade out
Hyppia out

I don't recall a "Poyet out" or "Hughton out until after they had gone, although I might be wrong. Garcia wasn't around long enough.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

CrispTotalHarborporpoise-size_restricted.gif

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Come back with your suggestions for a realistic alternative whenever you are ready.

Maybe without the abuse, or are you going to wish covid on me too?

Since we don't know each other, I'm sure you don't care what I wish. In the same way I cared little for your rudeness in the past, and don't get all snowflakey and precious about what random strangers write or say on a chat board like this to me. But if you need reassurance, I hope you have a pleasant xmas and you and yours are ok.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Nothing against Maty, but would love to see, especially in the next two fixtures, especially Sheff U, Sanchez given a couple of games ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Since we don't know each other, I'm sure you don't care what I wish. In the same way I cared little for your rudeness in the past, and don't get all snowflakey and precious about what random strangers write or say on a chat board like this to me. But if you need reassurance, I hope you have a pleasant xmas and you and yours are ok.

Wooah, when have I been rude to you? I am very seldom rude to posters on here. Please expand

Thank you for your kind thoughts above :thumbsup:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I don't think anyone is surprised we lost. I think the problem is the performance and team selection.
Lets hope we step up and get some points against Fulham and Sheffield United

N1 you will be so glad you are not sitting next to me this season. I have never enjoyed Brightons football more. Yes I also get frustrated at times and my son was quite shocked at how grumpy I was last night but I am completely and uttely confident we will be well clear of relagation this season. Come on N1 when did you ever see us playing such wonderful 1 touch flowing football? I know you are a pessimist and a staunch Brighton fan so like I said just be grateful you aren't sitting next to me anymore.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

When you call other people rude, its just proof of your astounding lack of self-awareness.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
N1 you will be so glad you are not sitting next to me this season. I have never enjoyed Brightons football more. Yes I also get frustrated at times and my son was quite shocked at how grumpy I was last night but I am completely and uttely confident we will be well clear of relagation this season. Come on N1 when did you ever see us playing such wonderful 1 touch flowing football? I know you are a pessimist and a staunch Brighton fan so like I said just be grateful you aren't sitting next to me anymore.

When was the last time you see us win one home game in a year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I am on the fence for now and hopefully things will be looking a little brighter in the New Year after our games again Fulham, Sheffield United, West Ham and Arsenal. I would like to see 6 points from those, which should relieve the pressure somewhat.

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
We aren’t sacking him. Maybe going down with him to come back up isn’t a bad thing after all. Can’t see how we survive at the moment.
We could be a very good side in the Championship and with our present manager playing entertaining football it would be so good to watch.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
N1 you will be so glad you are not sitting next to me this season.I have never enjoyed Brightons football more. Yes I also get frustrated at times and my son was quite shocked at how grumpy I was last night but I am completely and uttely confident we will be well clear of relagation this season. Come on N1 when did you ever see us playing such wonderful 1 touch flowing football? I know you are a pessimist and a staunch Brighton fan so like I said just be grateful you aren't sitting next to me anymore.

I loved our football from January 2015 to Easter 2017 far more. Winning, attacking football and a load of goals, it doesn’t get much better for any non-trophies club.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Long term lurker me - fence

I completely agreed with the sacking of Hughton, the football was atrocious and there were no clear cut vision under Hughton. An incredible man, did massive things for the club but as a man who's worked in football long enough to know, sackings are part and parcel of the job when the results aren't good enough. We stayed up because there were 3 worse teams than us.

I have been a sceptic of Potter from day one but found that under Potter the identity was pretty clear and the progress in terms of an identity has been ten fold under Hughton. However, the statistics are horrific. Using http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_shots as the source we can see our attacking impotence:

We are 7th in the league for total shots on goal, but 15th for shots on target and 13th for number of goals scored. To put this into perspective using a couple of metrics (obviously, this is after 12 games and can be interpreted in multiple ways but help explain our problems.

We require 9.8 shots for a goal (Simply Total Shots / Goals Scored) - this ranks us 12th overall, given we all know how quite a lot of our shots are aimed at the keeper, just a slight tweak to the shooting boots and we could be scoring more. We also require 2.8 shots on target in order to score a goal (Total Shots on Target / Goals Scored) - this ranks us 9th in the league. (sources again: http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_shots - you can export it into excel). Attacking wise, I often see "we need to be more clinical", "goals is our problem" - the stats disagree and whilst we could always improve on these stats. Our attacking threat is not the problem.

Using the same source and same metrics but AGAINST us, it paints a bleaker picture and unfortunately - Ryan's got a lot to answer for.

For total shots conceded for opposition to score a goal, we are the worst. The opposition in general only needs 4.90 total shots to score a goal against us and even bleaker; they only need 1.76 shots on target to score a goal - this was epitomised by Ryan's absolute howler last night for Leicester's first.

HOWEVER, for the sake of objectivity and those who fancy putting a bet on Leicester winning the league.

Using the same metrics above (Total Shots to score, Total On Target to score (For/Against)), they are 1st, 1st, 3rd, 3rd respectively... so a tenner on Leicester for a top 4 finish might be worth a punt. Nonetheless, that's what the kind of opposition we faced against last night.

For Fulham they are currently:

17, 17,18, 8

For Sheffield United:

20, 20, 9, 7

We're dead bang on for a draw against both....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
In without a single second of hesitation. Will be the same answer even if we lose to Fulham and/or Sheff Utd

Fortunately we don’t have a chairman or board that will panic and so he is safe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here