Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Has it made you feel proud ?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Draw the curtains, put your ear plugs in and have a lie down. The rest of us are watching Platinum Party at the Palace and listening to glowing tributes to Liz from anybody who's anybody. :thumbsup:

'Anybody who's anybody'? :laugh: Maybe you need a lie down - all that camping out on the street must addle the brain a little.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, I"ve got involved in some local events and have enjoyed it. The Queen is an extraordinary person, I love seeing the Union flags everywhere, I think the country needs this after Covid and all the Brexit / Partygate bollocks.

This country has still got something about it. That said, this is all about the Queen. I reserve judgement on the concept of the monarchy as a whole.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Get a bloody life mate, that is so, so sad. Almost in tears, good grief.

He he, such a teenager, I bet you’re full of EMBARRASSMENT too?! So embarrassing mum, you’re soooo embaaaaarrassing mum! Come here little sausage and let me give you a :kiss:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
William impressed me, much less beige than I have thought him to be. Charles, however, as unimpressive as ever. How many times will he come out with the “Mummy” gag?

Proud? Nah, but I do have great respect for the Queen and Princess Anne

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’ve been touched by it all, and it’s ok to be proud of your nation(s). It’s ok to wave a flag (as long as you are not demeaning others.) And I think Liz has done this well for 70 years and this is about recognizing her service. It felt like a requiem last night and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.

But it is time for change. We can’t have the top job an exclusive one only open to one family. We would not allow that to happen in any other job or walk of life.

If William wants the family to continue in some capacity then it will have to slim down dramatically - in my humble opinion. I was impressed with his speech last night - he comes across as far more connected.

The Queen has done the job we asked of her brilliantly. But as we move forward, we need to ask what job we want a future head of state to do for us and how that person should reflect who we are. I don’t think that is served through an HRH or by putting so much pressure on one family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
None of you are as bad as my brother in law. He actually wanted to go to London and celebrate, imagine being that tragic

I am because I did go to London and celebrate. I clapped and I cheered.
Tragic? No, I thoroughly enjoyed myself

Please think about how you are coming across, bitter, angry and sour. Life is about joining in with others, and having fun. We do that at football although I’ve noticed your posts in match threads seem to be as angry in those too.

Ask for help.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
None of you are as bad as my brother in law. He actually wanted to go to London and celebrate, imagine being that tragic

Witnessing a once in a lifetime event - free to see - mixing with happy people - good for mental health.

Yeah - that's tragic all right <holds head in hands>. Get a grip mate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am because I did go to London and celebrate. I clapped and I cheered.
Tragic? No, I thoroughly enjoyed myself

Please think about how you are coming across, bitter, angry and sour. Life is about joining in with others, and having fun. We do that at football although I’ve noticed your posts in match threads seem to be as angry in those too.

Ask for help.

Did you meet up with Junior?

I did think of quoting his proud post and suggesting “Queen has taken us as far as she can, time for a change” but thought better of it. Hope you don’t mind me posting it here as he’s your wind up mate :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did you meet up with Junior?

I did think of quoting his proud post and suggesting “Queen has taken us as far as she can, time for a change” but thought better of it. Hope you don’t mind me posting it here as he’s your wind up mate :wink:

You did quote it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here