Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
F065E763-911D-4BD9-AAD7-BB79D8FFBF0E.jpeg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I haven't watched any of it.

I guess my feeling is one of great indifference.

I'm not sure what I'm meant to be either proud or disdainful of. It's all silly pageantry and pomp. But if it makes folk happy.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Regardless of what you may think about the monarchy, no other country pulls off pageantry and ceremony quite like Britain. Many try to imitate but none come close. Always makes me unashamedly proud.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Personally, I’m pleased Elizabeth has lived so long and has expertly steered a course of not meddling.

I was reminded earlier when reading up, that Charles stuck his influential nose into the planned fox hunting ban with a series of private letters to PM Blair. He also quipped mournfully about leaving the UK if Labour banned fox hunting.

Thank Christ she’s stayed the course, to keep that very selfish twit away from more influence.

We’ve escaped the entire look-at-me loud mouth celebrations that would’ve occurred in our Brighton street, by visiting Bath and then the Cotswolds. A late idea, a great move.

Last edited:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The Queen’s death should see the whole monarchy completely reworked with an implicit understanding that hereditary institutions have no place in a modern Britain (good luck with that in BJ’s and Rees Mogg’s Britain).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I saw the programme earlier on The Crown Jewels…very good.

Then had a disagreement with Mrs Q on our colonial past

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
think a lot of people overlook how much support for the Queen cuts across social, ethnic, and politically diverse groups. people you wouldnt expect to are out there joining in the celebrations of something together. thats got to something to be proud of?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It’s been nice that people have made a bit of effort here and there to celebrate something, the pub has certainly been a bit busier this week. I’m not sure if pride is what I’m feeling, a bit of surprise I guess that some have bothered, I’m just knackered as usual.

:lolol:

I still remember the street party in Upper Rock Gardens (where I lived in 1977) as a young child, I think it’s nice that this generations youngsters will have some memories like mine. That’s a good thing.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
think a lot of people overlook how much support for the Queen cuts across social, ethnic, and politically diverse groups. people you just wouldnt expect to are out there joining in the celebrations of something together. thats got to something to be proud of?

There's something to be said for a sense of 'togetherness', but I think there must be better ways to do that than what's occurring right now, and no, it's nothing I can feel proud of, as I had no input, in much the same way as I cannot feel pride in a country I was (by chance alone) born into.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here