Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Has it made you feel proud ?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I don't understand the value judgements some people make about others for either celebrating and feeling proud or for not doing so. Life's too short to resent people the things that matter to them (and to resent those that choose not to share those same decisions about what's important). Not everything has to be part of the "culture wars". I didn't celebrate or feel proud not because I'm "trying to be edgy" but because I don't really feel any connection to any of it. I look at it and feel detached. It's not something I relate to at all. That's just me. I'm delighted others felt differently and had a great weekend though, and even envy them a little bit. The feeling of not being proud or celebrating can coexist with understanding and supporting and even enjoying that other people had a great time and do feel proud.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I feel proud of the soft power / pop culture stuff we’ve seen (music, TV, film, sport etc.) with the concert and stuff, something we can be proud of. Not fussed about the rest of it (although do have a big soft spot for the Red Arrows).

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I don't understand the value judgements some people make about others for either celebrating and feeling proud or for not doing so. Life's too short to resent people the things that matter to them (and to resent those that choose not to share those same decisions about what's important). Not everything has to be part of the "culture wars". I didn't celebrate or feel proud not because I'm "trying to be edgy" but because I don't really feel any connection to any of it. I look at it and feel detached. It's not something I relate to at all. That's just me. I'm delighted others felt differently and had a great weekend though, and even envy them a little bit. The feeling of not being proud or celebrating can coexist with understanding and supporting and even enjoying that other people had a great time and do feel proud.

A very fair post.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That's all the crisps you've been eating all day.

:lolol: Not too far from the truth! Salad for the rest of the week after days of party food and beer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here