Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has he turned them down yet?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We don't know that is true, I doubt anything gets resolved today, unless it he is rejecting the offer.
He doesn't strike me as the sort of guy to make a decision like this without giving it some thought and talking it through with his wife, his assistants, and to some extent Tony Bloom and Paul Barber.

He could just be starting on outlining his remuneration package ready for when Liverpool, City, Bayern etc come calling :wink:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I know it's mean-spirited but if he does go to Chelsea I hope he's an unmitigated failure . Horrible entitled club and fans that deserve some misery for a change.

Absolutely this. Why would anyone want him to do well at any other Club , especially those below us in the league ? If he does go then I should imagine it would have a terrible affect on the players for the upcoming Bournemouth & Palace games - great timing !

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Indeed - several of his assistants will go with him. Hope Bruno stays.

I am fairly sure Bruno would remain, Bjorn and Billy will be off, Kyle Macauley too, but at least his knowledge of our recruitment targets are probably not the type Chelsea will be going after and shouldn't stuff us up on that score.
If he goes, I guess once he has had a look round the place he could come for others, but those mentioned are his guys and have been with him since early days at Ostersunds.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Absolutely this. Why would anyone want him to do well at any other Club , especially those below us in the league ? If he does go then I should imagine it would have a terrible affect on the players for the upcoming Bournemouth & Palace games - great timing !

Only have to worry about the Muff now...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
1/7 on now

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He'll certainly find that dealing with all the egos at Chelsea is very different from anywhere else he's been.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Some deluded fellows on this thread. If GP has travelled to London (or where ever) and is indeed in talks he will be gone. He is going to be offered the job of managing a club that will be in the mix for winning the EPL, Champs League, FA Cup in the next 2 years. Have an unlimited budget (it would seem) and the chance to be one of Europe's top managers. He'll think he can turn the side around and compete with the team they have!
If he fails and gets sacked he walks away financially secure for life and straight into another job!!

Agree with the sentiment but I think you underestimate Potter's values.

This will be about chemistry. If he think he can work with the management team there (i.e. Bloom and Barber equivalents) then he'll go. If not, he doesn't need his life made a misery.

All that said, Tony and Paul will already know what their next move is. They already know what their next two moves are. Which is why I'm very calm.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Given the speed with which this is happening, I'm starting to wonder whether Tony knew about the Tuchel signing well in advance and was asked by Chelsea whether we'd do anything to try and delay it. It feels like it's all going far too smoothly not to have been orchestrated.

Tuchel is sacked this morning and GP is on a car to Cobham in a matter of hours. Hmmmm.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Given the speed with which this is happening, I'm starting to wonder whether Tony knew about the Tuchel signing well in advance and was asked by Chelsea whether we'd do anything to try and delay it. It feels like it's all going far too smoothly not to have been orchestrated.

Tuchel is sacked this morning and GP is on a car to Cobham in a matter of hours. Hmmmm.

I wonder if our next appointment will be made this week, TB being very gentlemanly in giving permission within a nanosecond of the approach. Unusual in a 'sport' of liars and self interest.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

I think it is just a reflection of what Bloom is about.
Look at the Cucu sale, the White sale too. He won't get in the way of anyone leaving if he believes it's what that person wants AND it's on our terms. If Chelsea have made it clear they'll pay us what we want for Potter et al, why get in the way of that?
In Bloom we trust. Wouldn't be surprised if he knows eaxctly who is coming in.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Screenshot 2022-09-07 181854.jpg Actual Price

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think it is just a reflection of what Bloom is about.
Look at the Cucu sale, the White sale too. He won't get in the way of anyone leaving if he believes it's what that person wants AND it's on our terms. If Chelsea have made it clear they'll pay us what we want for Potter et al, why get in the way of that?
In Bloom we trust. Wouldn't be surprised if he knows eaxctly who is coming in.
What a day for TB he must be gutted the nicey nicey attitude of we won’t step in your way is killing us.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a day for TB he must be gutted the nicey nicey attitude of we won’t step in your way is killing us.

I know what you mean.

Ironically, some nsc’ers (with a secret love for Pep’s sportswashers), thought it appalling in the summer that we made life difficult for them with Cucu.

“In future players and managers won’t want to sign for us”.

Nothing could be further from the truth, Bloom’s a gent, when the correct sum is paid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here