Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Hoping for

Not the right time
Unfinished business
Stability of the project

Whilst talking above a SSN ticker that shows our Graham has signed a new improved 6 year contract

But fearing the worse

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
I have an inkling that this has been on the cards for weeks and it was just a case of waiting until Chelsea pushed the button, which they have done this morning. If he's announced as their new manager some time later, these things don't happen this quick or GP is incredibly naïve and TB is very trusting in the Contract situation re release clauses etc...

It's a fickle old business - where we stand today on 13pts after 6 games is identical (including wins, draws & losses) to 12 months ago, then we went 10 games without a win and lost 6 on the bounce from Mid Feb whilst not scoring a goal for a couple of months - hardly top 6 managerial qualities.......but we have to be humble and admit that it was only a matter of time, the time might be now and fair play to TB not standing in the way of anyone to progress their career.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm not convinced he is number 1 choice.

I think Zidane is surely in front of him, maybe others as well.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t your profession head hunting? Of course you don’t get why he wouldn’t go! :lolol:

Haha, well yes.

But that doesn't just mean it's my personality that makes me think that, it's also years of extensive experience dealing with humans who have their heads turned by other jobs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Glenn Murray has just tweeted

Just throwing it out there what a fantastic manager I think Mauricio Pochettino is……

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Plenty of fans of other clubs don't think he should go there.

Top 2 highest rated comments on the BBC's Tuchel sacking piece:

"Potter should stay, finish the season with Brighton. He'll always be thrown in the mix for the big jobs so he's got nothing to lose by staying put."

"I'd hate to see a great coach like Potter be ruined by the experience of being at a club like Chelsea. He is thriving because he's been given time to build something."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62821767

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
At this present point in time, he is 1.53 to go and if you want to be a bookie 1.55 queuing up.if you think he will stay.

I'm balls deep in the 1.55 FWIW

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Did I see a stat that we never win on a Tuesday in the league. Potter can’t cope with two matches in a week. So champs league will fail. Best he stays put.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
If Bloom and the Albion truly want Potter to stay then why did they allow him to speak to Chelsea? They could have refused and said he is under contract and dipped into our large war chest and offered him a shed load more money..

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I fear he is going sadly. He’s been a fantastic head coach for us and if he gets enough indication from the Chelsea owner that he’ll be given what he wants then it’s a fantastic opportunity and he has earned it. Gutted for us though - especially as the team spirit/harmony thing has been very much in evidence. Just watching Alexis on SSN I think he’ll be in tears if GP goes! It won’t just be him though(that goes), it will be at least Bob and Billy too which will of course be disruptive and will destabilise us after a great start. Of course TB/PB will have plans but it will nevertheless be a big loss

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If Bloom and the Albion truly want Potter to stay then why did they allow him to speak to Chelsea? They could have refused and said he is under contract and dipped into our large war chest and offered him a shed load more money..

How do you think that would look to our pool of potential next managers?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

I think not allowing him to speak to Chelsea might well have backfired in terms of perceived stifling of ambition and holding him back.

Hopefully the Albion's utter professionalism will contrast perfectly with the trigger-happy chaos that is Chelsea.

Potter can make his own decision based on that.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He's now talking with Chelsea.

That'll be that then? :(

Until/If he meets Todd Bogey and realises what a nutter he is compared to Bloom and Barber.

I don't think the chemistry will be there.

Besides, I think that the press are still speculating.

Chelsea: "Can we talk to GP"
BHA: "We always let staff talk to other clubs"
Chelsea: "We talking to GP"
Press: "GP in talks to be next Chelsea manager"

That's what this could well all be about.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
That is not Bloom’s philosophy. He will always let employees talk to others if they go through the correct process which Chelsea must have done here. No reason for Potter not to talk to them. What I’m sure is the case though is that Bloom and Barber will have reiterated that we want him to stay.
If he stays, we haven’t stood in his way. Much better to take this approach than block a move which will only create resentment.
I hope Graham considers the huge leap of faith and loyalty in him when just a few weeks into his tenure with us Tony offered him an extension on his contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here