[Albion] Has he turned them down yet?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Managed to get £20 on GP NOT becoming Chelsea manager.

So it's either £6.20 of additional disappointment or a modest celebratory curry.

UTA.

Upped it

Now £50 up and happy

Or (as seems likely) £10.40 down and marginally even more sad.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Potter must already know that. Maybe he’s actually on a scouting mission?

I did have a tiny thought earlier that Tony and Potter have gone all-in with the bluff here, with Potter stringing Chelsea along for a day just to **** them up. Wouldn’t happen, but had a chuckle to myself at the thought of it.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The more I think about it, the more I think that Potter HAD to speak to Chelsea once they’d approached the club. I think the club automatically gave Potter permission as they would do with any manager if a Big Six came knocking, it might even be a contractual condition.

Bloom is big on loyalty as you say, Potter will surely be handsomely rewarded if he turns Chelsea down.

Im sure its the case that Bloom allowed Potter to speak to Chelsea out of decency, but has also has a big fat new contract offer ready for him.

I also think we might see a swing in how this is being reported. Today we're hearing 'Potter going to chelsea' because Potter is in London today being interviewed. Tomorrow once Pochettino, Zidane, etc have rocked up to Stamford Bridge we might see a change in headlines, and it be more of a 3 horse race.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I did have a tiny thought earlier that Tony and Potter have gone all-in with the bluff here, with Potter stringing Chelsea along for a day just to **** them up. Wouldn’t happen, but had a chuckle to myself at the thought of it.

I think that’s exactly what has happened :lolol:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Im sure its the case that Bloom allowed Potter to speak to Chelsea out of decency, but has also has a big fat new contract offer ready for him.

I also think we might see a swing in how this is being reported. Today we're hearing 'Potter going to chelsea' because Potter is in London today being interviewed. Tomorrow once Pochettino, Zidane, etc have rocked up to Stamford Bridge we might see a change in headlines, and it be more of a 3 horse race.

I bloody hope so

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Of all the 'big' clubs to go to, fecking Chelsea- the worst of the lot

Preferable for me than him going to somewhere like Arsenal or Spurs or Liverpool, that would be too much to swallow, all their Sussex plastics getting that reward. Chelsea are just a club I’m utterly indifferent to on every level, nothing interesting about the club, a club with no real identity, lots of tourist fans, just a bland nothing club with money.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
At one time I used to apply for a new job every couple of years. Went on interviews and everything. Italy, France, Germany, Canada, America. It would have been rude to not do so, after being asked......

Been in the same job for 33 years. :lolol:

You need to brush up on your interview technique.

Even I managed half a dozen jobs in that time.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
In life, the right thing to do is to fulfill a contract, not the done thing in football I know.

I agree. And personally I find it's easier to stick to my principles 100% of the time, rather than 99%. That said, my experience with most employers is that they are more than happy to have that as a one-way agreement. Workers should feel no shame in treating their employment as a business relationship, because that's all it is nowadays. I'm a huge believer in a positive and inclusive culture at work, but that doesn't stop the periodic restructures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports