Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has he turned them down yet?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Please update when we get the announcement mods :wink:

I have thought long and hard about this, taken on board all the arguments posted on here today and decided that he won’t be giving up on us just yet

Onwards and upwards!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I imagine the announcement is currently planned to be added to 17 threads simultaneously

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I imagine the announcement is currently planned to be added to 17 threads simultaneously

This is the only one it needs to go on though :smile:

All the others are convinced he’s gone in the main. I have wavered but don’t see him taking it

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This is the only one it needs to go on though :smile:

All the others are convinced he’s gone in the main. I have wavered but don’t see him taking it

Well, let's have a conversation about it here then

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I do (in complete helpless hope) keep expecting a breaking news pop up on Sky Sports to say that he has rejected them as 'he doesn't feel it is the right time to leave Brighton'.

Having now actually admitted this, I expect he will have signed for them by the end of the day

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think he'll go.

(I could have posted this in any one of 17 threads, but I'm posting it here)

Potter likes a project, this is a new owner looking to put their stamp on things - there is unlikely to be another 'rebuilding' opportunity come up at a big club where a new owner actively wants things to change.

This is a massive opportunity, and Potter deserves it.

If offered the job, I would completely understand it if he decided to go.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think he'll go.

(I could have posted this in any one of 17 threads, but I'm posting it here)

Potter likes a project, this is a new owner looking to put their stamp on things - there is unlikely to be another 'rebuilding' opportunity come up at a big club where a new owner actively wants things to change.

This is a massive opportunity, and Potter deserves it.

If offered the job, I would completely understand it if he decided to go.

Rebuilding? They’ve have already done that this close season haven’t they? Then sacked the manager, who was instrumental in the rebuilding, 7 games into the season. Doesn’t sound like a stable environment to me

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Rebuilding? They’ve have already done that this close season haven’t they? Then sacked the manager, who was instrumental in the rebuilding, 7 games into the season. Doesn’t sound like a stable environment to me

I get what you are saying, but I meant rebuilding in terms of setting a style of play over a period of time - like he did with us.

I actually think the massive transfer spend is almost the rope the new owner gave Tuchel to hang himself with - backing him to the extent that he no longer had any excuses.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Quite a few 'experts' suggesting he should wait for a bigger club that show more patience.

It would be absolutely amazing if he did this. It would command so much respect from people as well. I just can't see it though.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It would be absolutely amazing if he did this. It would command so much respect from people as well. I just can't see it though.

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t your profession head hunting? Of course you don’t get why he wouldn’t go! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here