hard BREXIT

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yeah, well maybe some of the thick people who voted for remain as they were scared of losing their EU Citizenship (we're citizens of the nation state), or others thought they would vote Remain so they could still go on holiday to Europe. Yeah, insane eh. So, don't be a c*nt and patronise people who have made an informed decision just because you lost.

I don't get this constant bleating from the Remain side for another referendum. So, if we had another one and that voted Remain, would you then agree that in a further.1-2 years after that vote, we should have another vote. At what point does it stop.

Remain gave us and then lost the vote... personally i am delighted..

larus

Sobered up?

In reality what made us "great" was profiteering from the suffering and death that we inflicted on tens of millions of people during our capitalist driven expansion around the globe during the 17th, 18th & 19th centuries. We don't have the same clout nowadays so we're experiencing the inevitable long post empire glide back into mid table obscurity.

I agree this country has some events in the past which aren't things to boast about.

But, there's a lot of good we have done for some of the countries too which we colonised. Legal systems, infrastructure, etc.

And, sometimes after control is ceded to the native population things go to rat-shit anyway. Look at Zimbabwe & South-Africa. The level of corruption and brutality is high. It's quite easy to take a righteous view, but the reality is things are often way more complicated.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah, well maybe some of the thick people who voted for remain as they were scared of losing their EU Citizenship (we're citizens of the nation state), or others thought they would vote Remain so they could still go on holiday to Europe. Yeah, insane eh. So, don't be a c*nt and patronise people who have made an informed decision just because you lost.

I don't get this constant bleating from the Remain side for another referendum. So, if we had another one and that voted Remain, would you then agree that in a further.1-2 years after that vote, we should have another vote. At what point does it stop.

Don't be thick and abusive to other people because you have a different opinion from them. It does you no favours.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I agree this country has some events in the past which aren't things to boast about.

But, there's a lot of good we have done for some of the countries too which we colonised. Legal systems, infrastructure, etc.

And, sometimes after control is ceded to the native population things go to rat-shit anyway. Look at Zimbabwe & South-Africa. The level of corruption and brutality is high. It's quite easy to take a righteous view, but the reality is things are often way more complicated.

India would not be where they are now without the railway,a British legacy.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Here's the Brexit we will get:

All the restrictions. None of the power.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Here's the Brexit we will get:

All the restrictions. None of the power.

You always look on the bad side. They could always take ppf's suggestion of no free movement and huge tariffs on everything to and from the EU.

D

Deleted member 22389

You Remainers must be doing OK, because I wish I was. May be if you had to fight for jobs like I do, join the queue behind the extra foreign workers allowed in because of things like free movement, generally get treated like shit, you might feel completely different about things. May be if we substitute our politicians jobs for cheaper Labour and see how they like it. They wouldn't be so quick championing the EU then would they.

Just wait until your out there looking for work.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
BrExit pretty clearly means Britain leaving the European Union. That is what was on the ballot paper. That is what was voted for by the majority. That is what we will do. It doesn't seem an overly complicated concept.

Over complicated for some it seems.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok! How about: "The UK (England, if Scotland is independent) will be a member state of the EU on 30 June 2019"?
Bet for wine, I can't stand charities.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
India would not be where they are now without the railway,a British legacy.

You do know they already had a cotton industry, which we dismantled and resurrected in Lancashire. I think they may have been ok without us murdering their citizens and stealing their resources.....I guess

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You Remainers must be doing OK, because I wish I was. May be if you had to fight for jobs like I do, join the queue behind the extra foreign workers allowed in because of things like free movement, generally get treated like shit, you might feel completely different about things. May be if we substitute our politicians jobs for cheaper Labour and see how they like it. They wouldn't be so quick championing the EU then would they.

Just wait until your out there looking for work.

Where my other half works, youngsters usually come and go within weeks, whereas the Polish workers stick around and do a good job. They offer proper manufacturing jobs on a decent contract, no minimum wage.
Most of their exports are to European countries. Redundancies are already in the offing.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You do know they already had a cotton industry, which we dismantled and resurrected in Lancashire. I think they may have been ok without us murdering their citizens and stealing their resources.....I guess

Perhaps,whilst i cannot condone the UK's past actions,it could be argued that another country may have found the resources or that they may still be where they were then,untouched.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There is the Brexit YOU think we will get. Seeing as the Remainers keep banging on about "nobody knows" etc etc, how come you know what "we will get:". Please share your information.

I'm intelligent enough, no genius, but intelligent ENOUGH to see the inevitable.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Where my other half works, youngsters usually come and go within weeks, whereas the Polish workers stick around and do a good job. They offer proper manufacturing jobs on a decent contract, no minimum wage.
Most of their exports are to European countries. Redundancies are already in the offing.

Where your other half works inevitably has a happy owner, he can recruit from a burgeoning employment pool where Polish workers will, due to the disparity between living and wage standards in Poland receive comparably higher wages than their UK counterparts, this for the UK will keep wages deflated and his business in higher profit, however if for one moment we guess that you wife doesn't have a unique skill set how would you feel if say a EU citizen came and took her job @ £100.00 per week less, or is it just the unskilled that deserve a kicking and labelled as lazy and feckless as they try to compete against a tide of low paid EU workers ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Where your other half works inevitably has a happy owner, he can recruit from a burgeoning employment pool where Polish workers will, due to the disparity between living and wage standards in Poland receive comparably higher wages than their UK counterparts, this for the UK will keep wages deflated and his business in higher profit, however if for one moment we guess that you wife doesn't have a unique skill set how would you feel if say a EU citizen came and took her job @ £100.00 per week less, or is it just the unskilled that deserve a kicking and labelled as lazy and feckless as they try to compete against a tide of low paid EU workers, its not a level playing field.

I am the wife and retired. I did work with all sorts of nationalities when I was working, but we all had the same wage.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Where I work there is a very high turn over of staff and the majority are black, Muslim and foreign not British. Every Monday an average of 3 new workers stay and 3 leave. I think this is a lot to do with the job as well as the people.. I also believe a lot are pushed rather than leave. I have no idea whether they are paid minimum wage or not.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports