Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hard BREXIT

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Here's the Brexit we will get:

All the restrictions. None of the power.

assuming a soft exit are you? why not a full withdrawal with none of the restrictions?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I agree, my Dad speaks extremely fondly of them and of their bravery, but that cannot justify not challenging some very important consequences of mass immigration on UK citizens, its about sustainability.

There have been more than a million Poles turn up to work here, I was just pointing out why they are here and how this might effect UK workers, the press are not likely to comment on those returning to Poland as the number is dwarfed by those coming here that's why they use net migration statistics.

Good post.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Sigh... we KNOW that some immigrants (the majority if that suits you better) contribute to our economy, we understand that the NHS has many working for it (and always will with uncontrolled immigration) and most are not over complaining on immigration........ it is the AMOUNT, the NUMBERS, the non CHECKING, and a few other reasons that you choose to ignore in your haste to make out that anyone opposed to SENSIBLE immigration is a right wing nutter etc etc.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Net migration figures for last year. Not millions and they weren't all EU citizens.

Net migration of European Union (EU) citizens showed an increase of 42,000 to 180,000, with the number from countries outside the bloc also up 36,000 to 201,000
In all, 294,000 people migrated to the UK for work, two thirds of whom had a definite job

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34931725

You do know they are figures for one year and of that in 2014 official figures showed 790 000 people born in Poland living/working here, it seems reasonable to think it likely to be over a million here today, I am not entirely sure why you have posted up the net migration for 2015 as if it contridicts my earlier posts.

Are you aware of the levels of immigration that we are experiencing, you do know that 2015 there were 3.2 million (obviously not including illegals) living in the UK that were citizens of another EU country ??

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sigh... we KNOW that some immigrants (the majority if that suits you better) contribute to our economy, we understand that the NHS has many working for it (and always will with uncontrolled immigration) and most are not over complaining on immigration........ it is the AMOUNT, the NUMBERS, the non CHECKING, and a few other reasons that you choose to ignore in your haste to make out that anyone opposed to SENSIBLE immigration is a right wing nutter etc etc.

I haven't called anyone a right wing nutter. If that suits your argument to paint me as such, so be it. I am not a left wing nutter either.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Does this mean that most are complaining about immigration just that most are not over complaining about it.
Perhaps you can enlighten us on the threshold where complaining moved from just complaining to over complaining.
Thanks in advance for your full and reasoned response.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Does this mean that most are complaining about immigration just that most are not over complaining about it.
Perhaps you can enlighten us on the threshold where complaining moved from just complaining to over complaining.

Do you really need me to spell it out yet again...........ok, most are not against immigration, but when 330,000 NET is the yearly outcome, then many (i should imagine a large proportion of the 17.2m who voted Leave) are annoyed. Not just the affect on wages, infrastructure, housing etc, but the future for our kids who can not get on.
How about we just replace the numbers that emigrate from here, CONTROL immigration...... this is what i mean by not "over complaining"....capiche.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I haven't called anyone a right wing nutter. If that suits your argument to paint me as such, so be it. I am not a left wing nutter either.

My apologies then, the right wing etc stance has been the default of so many on here who disagree with the opposing argument, that i get confused. :)

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Do you really need me to spell it out yet again...........ok, most are not against immigration, but when 330,000 NET is the yearly outcome, then many (i should imagine a large proportion of the 17.2m who voted Leave) are annoyed. Not just the affect on wages, infrastructure, housing etc, but the future for our kids who can not get on.
How about we just replace the numbers that emigrate from here, CONTROL immigration...... this is what i mean by not "over complaining"....capiche.

It was in the main, with exceptions, a vote against immigration and immigrants :nono:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

That's not the way I read the post from [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION]
The point being made is that people are unhappy with uncontrolled Immigration. The 'over complaining' refers to the view that it is not necessary for us to respond to the extreme position of uncontrolled
Immigration with the equally extreme zero immigration. We can instead adopt the
more moderate position of measuring and controlling the inwards movement of people so our
society can plan public service provision and mitigate social consequences. It is the way we used to operate border controls and is also the way most of the rest of the developed world works.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
My apologies then, the right wing etc stance has been the default of so many on here who disagree with the opposing argument, that i get confused. :)

Yep, look at the post immediately below yours....
The charge of racism is the modern method to win an argument. It's the easiest way of avoiding the issue and insulting the other person.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

I would have thought that regaining control also included our language. I have no mind reading abilities and over complaining would mean complaining too much. If you mean something completely different why not write what you actually mean so that all others can understand what you are trying to say. It can't be that difficult.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
That's not the way I read about the post from [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION]
The point being made is that people are unhappy with uncontrolled Immigration. The 'over complaining' refers to the view that it is not necessary for us to respond to the extreme position of uncontrolled
Immigration with the equally extreme zero immigration. We can instead adopt the
more moderate position of measuring and controlling the inwards movement of people so our
society can plan public service provision and mitigate social consequences. It is the way we used to operate border controls and is also the way most of the rest of the developed world works.

Not what the words say but I see you have mind reading abilities. I congratulate you.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
BrExit pretty clearly means Britain leaving the European Union. That is what was on the ballot paper. That is what was voted for by the majority. That is what we will do. It doesn't seem an overly complicated concept.

Majority?! 37.5% of electorate is not a majority.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Too many europeans.........

Why dont you enlighten us with perhaps a maximum number that you think is sustainable for the UK and why do you accept a man made political area to have free and unrestricted movement of people, how about Africa, Middle East what exactly is your personal threshold of a geographical area and its people to have free movement to the UK ?

It seems you have some sense of moral superiority, while those of us that feel it reasonable to have controlled and sustainable immigration policy are somehow frothing at the mouth nazis, why not offer a greater insight into the challenge of world immigration.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yep, look at the post immediately below yours....
The charge of racism is the modern method to win an argument. It's the easiest way of avoiding the issue and insulting the other person.
Exactly, if they do not have a credible response then revert to the trusted racist etc etc reply.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here