Gus favourite be next Chelsea manager (betting suspended)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Gus favourite to take Chelsea job in summer (betting suspended)

Bye Gus

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
16-1 on Zola looks worth a punt. If he takes Watford up he'd be in the running - if Benitez lasts that long!

No smoke without fire bit worrying though.

PG

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If he was offered it he wouldn't even clear out his desk he'd be gone so quick. Can't see it happening myself, but if it did gus has made no secret of his desire to manage chelsea.

....or tottenham....or leeds....

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Can't believe, after sacking AVB and Di Matteo (both decent young managers), that Roman would ever consider someone untested at the top level like Gus.

Filing under "Ignore".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As an aside could TB be done for the equivalent of insider dealing if he had whacked a massive bet on Gus for next Chelsea manager and he got the job??

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Well IF he did go I am sure he would go with most of our blessings, as we are in a much better place now thanks to his hard work. And we would have plenty of managers who would love to take over and move us onto the next step.

But having said that don't go Gus.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If Gus was offered the Chelsea job he would be off in a jiffy. Whether he would he be offered it is a different matter altogether.

I cannot believe anyone would think he would even hesitate.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
As an aside could TB be done for insider dealing if he had whacked a massive bet on Gus for next Chelsea manager and he got the job??

No, max bets on these kinda of markets are usually up to about £50 due to the inside knowledge available, £1000 must be a total of bets.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Chelsea fans despise Roman's latest choice of manager and he is not doing very well. From Abramovich's point of view, would a manager who is upcoming and unproven, but still something of a legend to the fans, be that big a gamble?

They aren't going to win the league but should still be good enough to finish in top 4, so write off this season and any successes (FA Cup or Europa League) are a bonus and start from fresh in the summer with this young manager who has had time to adjust to the premier league

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Would be sad if he goes this early, but understandable if Chelsea come calling. I wouldn't be too concerned though, as the legacy he leaves on the playing side will be carried on by another very good manager, hand picked by TB for his ability to build on what we already have. Managing Brighton & Hove Albion must be one of, if not the, best jobs in this country outside the PL now.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If Gus was offered the Chelsea job he would be off in a jiffy. Whether he would he be offered it is a different matter altogether.

I cannot believe anyone would think he would even hesitate.

This.

I would be GOBSMACKED if he was offered the job. But if he was the chances of him turning it down would be NIL. And rightly so.

But it won't happen (in 2013 anyway) as they will want to recruit some MEGA manager.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
OMG It's gonna be Nige isn't it. Nige to take us for the run to the play-offs :(

RDM? Did well in his short time at Chelsea but without a job, and Gus would wax lyrical about the club to him if RDM asked him about it

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Benitez gets the boot in the next week, I'd say today's betting indicates Gus would be there a day or so later.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Have never placed much interest in betting odds on players signing or managers being appointed or sacked either, so a few bets on this don't worry me. Yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports