Greatest Guitarists- where does your favorite come

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Rory Gallagher. Ireland.

Edit: Oh, not come from, but where they come in the shitty poll. :tutsloudly:

Last edited:

Why do I get the mental picture of the compiler of this top ten sitting alone in his room, wearing a "Hell was Full so I came back" T-shirt, covered in acne, wearing glasses and hearing "Kevin, your tea's ready..." shouted from down stairs. Are we sure the names aren't made up, Buckethead?????

No room for Wilko Johnson, Steve Cropper or Richard Thompson on it unfortunately.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Why do I get the mental picture of the compiler of this top ten sitting alone in his room, wearing a "Hell was Full so I came back" T-shirt, covered in acne, wearing glasses and hearing "Kevin, your tea's ready..." shouted from down stairs. Are we sure the names aren't made up, Buckethead?????

No room for Wilko Johnson, Steve Cropper or Richard Thompson on it unfortunately.
spot on - this list is pitiful :ohmy: :rock: :albion2:

Marshal Josip Tito

Маршал н
Nov 29, 2011
Yugoslavia
Bit of a strange list, given there are some VERY notable absentees. But I am pleased to see Prince up there, who is often overlooked in such polls, despite being IMMEASURABLY AWESOME

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Bit of a strange list, given there are some VERY notable absentees. But I am pleased to see Prince up there, who is often overlooked in such polls, despite being IMMEASURABLY AWESOME
yep, and John Frusciante - utterly tasteful, never shows off, just really, fuckin, good :guitar: :albion2:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
John Squire, Johnny Marr

That list is so metal and hard rock centric it is untrue. Most of it is just fret wanking anyway. If you want melody, innovation and style you must look away from rock.

In fairness the list does go on for quite a long way - I lost interest when I saw Wilko Johnson was only at 299 and that Richard Thompson and Steve Cropper had yet to appear.

The Offspring

Resident Guitar Shredder
Jul 8, 2004
Hants/Wilts Border
spot on - this list is pitiful :ohmy: :rock: :albion2:

Most certainly THIS!!!
Satriani, Vai, Eric Johnson, John Petrucci, Darrell Abbott, Randy Rhoades, Eddie Van Halen, Malmsteen, must all be deserving of place if that list is anything to go by.
Buckhead- Umm, never known him to play a 12 string, or Jazz, or play in a rock orchestra and also Shred, so might as well drop Alex Skolnick in instead, who has done all these.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Alex Lifeson down at 49..You aving a laff.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Duane Allman at 47 - oh do behave. The man was head and shoulders above all the top 10 on that list
I couldn't be arsed to read it all but was the great Peter Green anywhere ?
As someone above said it's been done by some 14 year old with a collection consisting only of heavy metal so you really can pay it no mind - I think I'd rather go by one of the Rolling Stone lists myself where they do try to cover more than bloody metal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here