Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Brown,Labour party speech.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I am really interested in Politics and would like to have listened to the speech this afternoon, but I find him so hard to listen to. I can't stand him. I can't stand the pathetic shite he comes out with. Mandelson was pretty good yesterday, if its a pantomime performance you want - but Brown is such an arse I just can't bring myself to listen to him.

I did hear the line on the news about the cure for cancer though. It would be funny, if it wasn't for the fact that some people will actually vote for him based on that.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I like to think if Gord was being battered that Darling would burst in and beat the absolute shit out of Clegg. I rekon Mandy would bring a blade, he is like that.

Yes but you forget Boris Johnson would charge in stage doot left and absolutely DESTROY Darling with a vicious upper body charge like he did on that Kraut in that charity match.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brown

" we can change the World gain "
" I will cure Cancer if you elect me again "

:mendoza:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I like to think if Gord was being battered that Darling would burst in and beat the absolute shit out of Clegg. I rekon Mandy would bring a blade, he is like that.

I dunno...not so sure old badger-bonce would be overly quick to wade in on Gordo's behalf, being as it looked like his job would be up for grabs a few months ago while Gordon was hanging him out to dry.

Spot on about Mandy though.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not after Pretzle has f***ed him with a massive uppercut.

But then Hague would rush in and nut him with that huge shiny dome. Game over.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Dear Gordon you talk about change alot,close the door on your way out. The British public never elected you. :censored: :shrug:

Probably been said before but nobody but those in his constituency voted for him. At the next election, you won't vote for Cameron unless you live in the constituency of Witney.

I particularly liked the promise that the Labour party would be the first ones to cure Cancer. Good that one.
QUOTE]

He never said that which makes you a liar. Putting spin on a comment by misquoting it!!

Yes

He stated the next Labour government may be the first in power to find the cure for cancer.

'May be', isn't that the crucial part of the comment?

Perhaps two good examples, but it is not right that Labour or

the Conservatives can radically change the whole consensus of a nation with fewer than 38% of the votes.

At least if some people vote Communist, BNP, the Government represents the people views.

I recall Denmark have turnouts of 90% plus, because the PR su=ystem caters for voters interests and the nation is not just dominated by the self fulfilling intererest of just two parties.

People will be more interested if the Government reflects their mood, their aspirations, this nearly happened with Blair/ Lib DEms pact to keep the Tories out.

And in some Parts of the Country the 83 Election for Thatcher, where she caught the public mood in middle England and the inner city estates.

The solution is to make voting mandatory, like it is in Australia, but with the proviso that you have the option to vote for 'none of the above'. Switch elections to the Weekend and have polling over two days rather than just one.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Great Speech, might win the election now, hung parliament at least.

you have any reason to say that or just a fanboi? i havnet heard it yet, but i expect it to be the sme old "if there was a tory government..." tripe they've been banging on about for 12 f***ing YEARS. seriously, as much as the tories need to get some actual policies, Labour really needs to recognise that they've had plenty of time to change things. this will be their undoing as people were already tired of it before the recession.

Grrrrrrr. Please understand that in Britain we vote a party in....not a PM in.

sad but true. should focus on the MP and constituancy.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
you have any reason to say that or just a fanboi? i havnet heard it yet, but i expect it to be the sme old "if there was a tory government..." tripe they've been banging on about for 12 f***ing YEARS. seriously, as much as the tories need to get some actual policies, Labour really needs to recognise that they've had plenty of time to change things. this will be their undoing as people were already tired of it before the recession.

sad but true. should focus on the MP and constituancy.

I think you failed to understand the joke :laugh:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
A few points,at the last electon Blair was premier and leader i accecpt that, he stood and won on that platform,fair enough but Brown was his sidekick not even deputy. I did not vote Labour in 05 but i knew Blair was leader. Anyone know what 'red Ken' is doing these days ? Got voted out but i bet he has not had to sign-on ! :bigwave:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Yes

He stated the next Labour government may be the first in power to find the cure for cancer.

Its a shame he didn't claim that the next labour government would stop our Soldiers getting killed in Afghanistan by giving them the equipment they deserve or pulling them out of an unwinnable war.

If he really did say that about cancer I find that abhorrent that he can even suggest his government would somehow be repsonsible for that.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He did say it and he did pay tribute to our soliders and he got a standing ovation for it. I believed that the majority of monies raised by cancer research was from the UK public via donations and sponsored runs etc.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I believed that the majority of monies raised by cancer research was from the UK public via donations and sponsored runs etc.

Indeed.
So for Brown to attempt to claim credit for this is really quite breathtaking. If cancer research was properly funded by central government then perhaps we wouldn't all need to keep going on "fun runs" to generate charitable donations.

Its one of my MAJOR bugbears actually. The NHS pays out, quite literally, hundreds and thousands of pounds to recruitment consultants every month of every year to employ an army of HUGELY well paid executive penpushers throughout the numerous NHS Trusts. I see it myself. Meantime I have had friends and family doing fundraising events for sponsorship to help provide much-needed equipment for childrens wards, incubators etc etc for local hospices. At best it brings in a couple of grand, or usually a few hundred quid. Which helps of course, but its a drop in the NHS ocean.

Its obscene.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
He did say it and he did pay tribute to our soliders and he got a standing ovation for it. I believed that the majority of monies raised by cancer research was from the UK public via donations and sponsored runs etc.

A cheap soundbite from Brown then, what a tosser. Rather than pay tribute which is nothing more than I would expect from a PM I would rather he pay for some better equipment and protection, more Chinooks etc.

I guess we can let all the cancer charities know to ease off a bit since Gordon is going to cure cancer - what a buffoon. God I can't wait for his inevitable redundancy after the election.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I guess we can let all the cancer charities know to ease off a bit since Gordon is going to cure cancer - what a buffoon. God I can't wait for his inevitable redundancy after the election.

To be fair he didn't SAY that. He said he wanted to see the first government to do so...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here