Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Brown,Labour party speech.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A few points,at the last electon Blair was premier and leader i accecpt that, he stood and won on that platform,fair enough but Brown was his sidekick not even deputy. I did not vote Labour in 05 but i knew Blair was leader. Anyone know what 'red Ken' is doing these days ? Got voted out but i bet he has not had to sign-on ! :bigwave:

Red Ken is probably very happy carry on with his after dinner speeches which I believe he charges at a rate of £10k a night.

Indeed.
So for Brown to attempt to claim credit for this is really quite breathtaking. If cancer research was properly funded by central government then perhaps we wouldn't all need to keep going on "fun runs" to generate charitable donations.

Its one of my MAJOR bugbears actually. The NHS pays out, quite literally, hundreds and thousands of pounds to recruitment consultants every month of every year to employ an army of HUGELY well paid executive penpushers throughout the numerous NHS Trusts. I see it myself. Meantime I have had friends and family doing fundraising events for sponsorship to help provide much-needed equipment for childrens wards, incubators etc etc for local hospices. At best it brings in a couple of grand, or usually a few hundred quid. Which helps of course, but its a drop in the NHS ocean.

Its obscene.

Very good. And if Alzheimers was properly funded, asthma properly funded, dementia, MS, Motor Neurone etc etc then who would fund this. Probably not the tories who would be too busy cutting taxes for their bosom buddies.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
What we must remember is that the LABOUR party are the only ones who care. The TORIES want to kill and eat all of the babies who are born and they wroship the devil.

LABOUR are nice to kittens and create jobs and invented and inderpendent United Kingdom the TORIES invented death and want nothing more than to sell you inderpendance to the Bulgarians and at somestage they will invent a law that gives TORIES the right to drown puppies.

LABOUR are the only ones who care. LABOUR banned slavery and they invented AMERICA AND THEREFORE invented BARACK OBAMA and CAMOROON eats black pepple for breakfast and there fore you should just vote LABOUR and we should ban elctions as we should never EVER let those puppie eating tories back in power.

VOTE LABOUR

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Grrrrrrr. Please understand that in Britain we vote a party in....not a PM in.

But, we vote for parties based on their direction as set out by their party leader.

The labour party at the last election was led by blair, and was heading in a course set out by him. They were elected, with Blair telling the electorate he would see out his term.

Brown took over and and changed priorities. He changed the partie's direction. How have labour fared in elections since this change? Not too well, even before the economic meltdown.

When given the choice between Brown's labour and anyone else people have been voting for the other party.

Brown's labour wasn't elected into power, Blair's labour was. Brown's labour siddled in and refused to stand up and give the people the chance to choose them.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What we must remember is that the LABOUR party are the only ones who care. The TORIES want to kill and eat all of the babies who are born and they wroship the devil.

LABOUR are nice to kittens and create jobs and invented and inderpendent United Kingdom the TORIES invented death and want nothing more than to sell you inderpendance to the Bulgarians and at somestage they will invent a law that gives TORIES the right to drown puppies.

LABOUR are the only ones who care. LABOUR banned slavery and they invented AMERICA AND THEREFORE invented BARACK OBAMA and CAMOROON eats black pepple for breakfast and there fore you should just vote LABOUR and we should ban elctions as we should never EVER let those puppie eating tories back in power.

VOTE LABOUR

zzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well i for one found his remarks about finding a cure for cancer insulting. :annoyed: Both Mrs LBG and myself have lost close friends through breast cancer and to think Labour is the only party that cares and can find a cure is an insult to them and many others. :US:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Don't forget that LABOUR are the only ones who want to cure cancer in the next parlement.

It was the cheapest shot in Brown's character assassination of Cameron as if Brown somehow cares far more about cancer sufferers than Cameron. How LOW can this Man go ?.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I find Brown's diatribe offensive. He paints the Tories to be about the equivalent of the Nazi party whilst he clings onto power. Throwing whatever invented Mud he can at them.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't forget that LABOUR are the only ones who want to cure cancer in the next parlement.

Taking it out of context a bit aren't you. He says that we, can beat cancer in this generation. That's not the next 5 years. Can't quite understand why some people are quoting this as being sick just because they have lost a few friends to the disease. Any excuse to blame labour.

Not sure he is actually saying that Labour are the only party that cares, just suggesting that the Tories might say they do but actually reduce funding for cancer care and research. And before anyone launches into one, all of my fathers family died of cancer and my mother currently is suffering from it. I also lost a 39 year old friend to breast cancer last year christmas. A cure will only be found by research and that costs.

It will be interesting to see exactly what investment in the NHS and research will be announced next week at the Tory conference!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
So what has curing cancer have to do with labour policy? Do the Lib dem not want to cure it, do the tories, the BNP, UKIP?

What does it have to do with the labour party as a singler thing?

Oh and Im sorry. Did Gordonn even give any new policies in his speach?! No.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He made a few anouncements with a few schemes costing further monies but not a clue as to how he is going to pay for them especially in view of the recession and debt we have. Still its ok as its Labour and if Cameron has done the same it would be " clueless tories ".

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Taking it out of context a bit aren't you. He says that we, can beat cancer in this generation. That's not the next 5 years. Can't quite understand why some people are quoting this as being sick just because they have lost a few friends to the disease. Any excuse to blame labour.

Not sure he is actually saying that Labour are the only party that cares, just suggesting that the Tories might say they do but actually reduce funding for cancer care and research. And before anyone launches into one, all of my fathers family died of cancer and my mother currently is suffering from it. I also lost a 39 year old friend to breast cancer last year christmas. A cure will only be found by research and that costs.

It will be interesting to see exactly what investment in the NHS and research will be announced next week at the Tory conference!

He is saying exactly the tories do not care about people with Cancer. And I will listen again but I am sure he aluded to " we can cure cancer " being in the next 5 years under Labour.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If labour managed to find a cure for stupidity the labour party would cease to exist.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
But, we vote for parties based on their direction as set out by their party leader.

The labour party at the last election was led by blair, and was heading in a course set out by him. They were elected, with Blair telling the electorate he would see out his term.

Brown took over and and changed priorities. He changed the partie's direction. How have labour fared in elections since this change? Not too well, even before the economic meltdown.

When given the choice between Brown's labour and anyone else people have been voting for the other party.

Brown's labour wasn't elected into power, Blair's labour was. Brown's labour siddled in and refused to stand up and give the people the chance to choose them.

How specifically has Brown changed directions from Blairs? His government has been largely reactionary has it not - dealing with problems that have arisen that are very different from anything we faced under Blair.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He is saying exactly the tories do not care about people with Cancer. And I will listen again but I am sure he aluded to " we can cure cancer " being in the next 5 years under Labour.

Making things up again aren't you. He said within the next generation. My recollection is that a generation is considered to be 20 years.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And you are a f***ing plank as well. Any more civilities ?. Really no need for that my statement was hardly offensive. Still keep taking the brave pills. I am sure everyone is mightily impressed tough guy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here