Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General sale for arsenal

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
22 in front row of Family Stand, 25 in E3H and 24 at the front of W1H and W1I... they look they would normally be held back for disabled supporters perhaps, but now released for general sale.

Squeezing them in!

Selling fast E3H and W1H/I all snapped up... just 12 left in Family Stand.

Last edited:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Tickets now SOLD OUT. http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/brighton-hove-albion-arsenal-sold-out-2215715.aspx#sHTI7eK3FXeGXBLp.99

Which leads Paul Barber to say:

Albion chief executive Paul Barber said, “It is tremendous news that the club has sold all the available tickets and we are now very much looking forward to welcoming Arsenal to a full Amex on Sunday.

"Hopefully we can go on to break the Amex attendance record, as well as getting a result on the pitch.

Call me cynical, but given that we announce tickets sold as the attendance, isn't it true that you already know whether it'll be a record or not? :facepalm:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Tickets now SOLD OUT. http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...nal-sold-out-2215715.aspx#sHTI7eK3FXeGXBLp.99

Which leads Paul Barber to say:

Call me cynical, but given that we announce tickets sold as the attendance, isn't it true that you already know whether it'll be a record or not? :facepalm:

Cynic! There might be returns from players, sponsors, day-trippers who can't be bothered...

"Supporters who haven't been able to secure tickets should keep a constant eye on seagulls.co.uk as the club will release any returns, as soon as they're received."

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Day tripper is not a modern phenomenon though, they were around when the Beatles sang it about them and before. There were dozens of times when Goldstone attendances were greatly inflated by supporters at "big" games. Just a fact of life - Same as it ever was.

Indeed, in fact if I remember correctly the club introduced a voucher scheme the season after the cup final for fans to collect should we go on another mighty cup run. I might have this all mixed up but I'm sure the first one was against Swansea at home, managed by John Toshack at the time, and that plenty of 'day trippers' showed up.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
No. Something will go wrong with the trains, and only 15000 will be able to get there.........

My point is that it doesn't matter how many are able to get there - we announce tickets sold as attendance not the number of people that turn up...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
My point is that it doesn't matter how many are able to get there - we announce tickets sold as attendance not the number of people that turn up...

I suppose that a couple of thousand people could return their tickets for a partial refund? But you're totally right.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Cynic! There might be returns from players, sponsors, day-trippers who can't be bothered...

"Supporters who haven't been able to secure tickets should keep a constant eye on seagulls.co.uk as the club will release any returns, as soon as they're received."
The not bothered DAY-TRIPPERS won't return tickets they will just leave their seats EMPTY that otherwise could have been filled by ALBION fans...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The not bothered DAY-TRIPPERS won't return tickets they will just leave their seats EMPTY that otherwise could have been filled by ALBION fans...

Any "Albion fan" that doesn't already have their ticket for this game (and who wishes to attend) is not worthy of the sobriquet.

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
Any "Albion fan" that doesn't already have their ticket for this game (and who wishes to attend) is not worthy of the sobriquet.

I think it's totally marvellous the ground is sold out on Sunday, yes there will probably be loads of Arsenal fans in Brighton areas but does that really matter? The attendance will still say 30k in the papers on Monday punk:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

And yet those who have their ticket for this game, and are able to, but choosing not to, attend the Ipswich game tomorrow are!?!?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here