Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General sale for arsenal

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Well I'm certainly not complaining, me and my young'un are going for a total price of £37 can't argue with that

I still don't understand how some people still seem able to give an 'actual' thumbs up when the function seems to have disappeared on here.

Depends what version of NSC you are using.

Modern = No Thumbs
Classic = Thumbs

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
"Day-tripper" is football parlance for an uncommitted fan who you are unlikely to see again anytime soon. If you looked a bit more carefully instead of jumping to conclusions you would notice I acknowledged the modern day realities of football finance.

In my extremely humble opinion, "Tony" and his minions would have been better off setting the price of tickets at a level where they were gleefully snapped up by Albion fans i.e. STHs and other people with purchase history at The Amex. The fact that so many have gone to sponsors, and so many more have gone to people without purchase history at The Amex, does not delight me. Sorry.

After nearly a day and a half at my desk without pressing work I now have some to do, so you will be spared further wisdom for a while.

How many?
How many compared to a top league game?
How do you know?

Edit: Just wanting to know, not spoiling for a fight. :thumbsup:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I bet the club release more

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
"Day-tripper" is football parlance for an uncommitted fan who you are unlikely to see again anytime soon. If you looked a bit more carefully instead of jumping to conclusions you would notice I acknowledged the modern day realities of football finance.

In my extremely humble opinion, "Tony" and his minions would have been better off setting the price of tickets at a level where they were gleefully snapped up by Albion fans i.e. STHs and other people with purchase history at The Amex. The fact that so many have gone to sponsors, and so many more have gone to people without purchase history at The Amex, does not delight me. Sorry.

After nearly a day and a half at my desk without pressing work I now have some to do, so you will be spared further wisdom for a while.

Have you got a breakdown of those numbers, to back this up.

You will ALWAYS get 'casual' fans wanting to go to big games. A game against Arsenal IS a big game, whether you like it or not. It's ALWAYS been the case.

In 1967, we got drawn against Chelsea in the FA Cup. The previous home game was against Walsall, and 13,411 went to see it.

The Chelsea game attracted 35,000

I don't see why people are getting so agitated by all of this.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
How many?
How many compared to a top league game?
How do you know?

Edit: Just wanting to know, not spoiling for a fight. :thumbsup:
There are about 350 non-season tickets in each of W1I and W1A. These 700 tickets are normally the last to be sold in the stadium (not great views and relatively expensive to other places with better views). For the Arsenal game, when there were still hundreds of better seats available around the stadium these blocks were all but "sold out". The only possible explanation for this is that the club held them back and the only reason they'd do that is for non-regulation fans i.e. sponsors etc.

For a league game these WSL blocks are sold in the normal way (currently 300+ available in each for Ipswich tomorrow night) but something similar happens with tickets held back on a smaller scale in the southern end of the ESL and sometimes in the South Stand.

I know because I pay attention on NSC and (sadly) spend time looking at ticket sales in the lead up to games. :thumbsup:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
You are anxious about 700 tickets used by the club for sponsors / charities / Albion in the Community etc... rather than the 29,800 which have been sold to season ticket holders and regular fans?

Really ??

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Actually 6 i make it

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
2 left

1-N2A