Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General sale for arsenal

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure if you get this club. Its a club who has a large active support (large lower league gates throughout its history, 29000 for a relegation scrap against Fulham and 23000 season ticket holders) and a large latent support. Sussex people support "the Albion" as Australian's support the baggy green or we support England. Can't see that this is anything to have anything but cause for celebration myself.
Eh? That wasn't the point I was making at all. What I'm saying is all those people who are saying that a Cup game isn't as important as a single league match will soon change their tune if we get to the Final. And we can't get to the final unless we win the earlier rounds. Nothing to do with attendance figures.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Eh? That wasn't the point I was making at all. What I'm saying is all those people who are saying that a Cup game isn't as important as a single league match will soon change their tune if we get to the Final. And we can't get to the final unless we win the earlier rounds. Nothing to do with attendance figures.

I still disagree.
Our priority is to at least stay in the Championship. We still have a massive amount of work to do to turn this season around. A cup game, attractive as it is, adds extra pressure to an already busy schedule. It is not a priority. We have only been past the quarter-finals once in our history, so we hardly have a cup pedigree. That is why BHA fans expect to get knocked out. We had a much better chance of progress last season but blew it.
No. Its the league for me and dreams of progressing in the cup are just that....dreams.

el punal

Gotta say all this real fans and plastics tosh makes me smile (when it's not making me angry). Supporting a club / being a fan has nothing to do with how many games you attend. It's what's in your heart and your head and it's a generational thing. As WCP rightly says there are all sorts of reasons for not going to games. The things I love most about BHAFC right now are the number of women and children who now feel safe attending matches and how few lary-arsed louts remain. A bit more singing at the Amex might be good but even without it we have one hell of an impressive fan base.

How dare you speak common sense! This is the most disgraceful post I've read in ages. :wink:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Exactly. I wonder how many of those boycotting the game 'because it's not as important as the league' will happily do the same for the final (if we got there) and allow those 'plastics or day trippers' who did make the effort to have their ticket instead.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I still disagree.
Our priority is to at least stay in the Championship. We still have a massive amount of work to do to turn this season around. A cup game, attractive as it is, adds extra pressure to an already busy schedule. It is not a priority. We have only been past the quarter-finals once in our history, so we hardly have a cup pedigree. That is why BHA fans expect to get knocked out. We had a much better chance of progress last season but blew it.
No. Its the league for me and dreams of progressing in the cup are just that....dreams.

Well if you're really going to turn round if we reach the Final and say "Meh, no league points at stake so I'm interested" then fair enough. But I bet you don't.

And what is football without dreams? I dream of seeing England win the World Cup (again), and I dream of Brighton winning the FA Cup (or any major trophy). I pity you to an extent with your nose-to-the-grindstone "all that matters is getting three points from the next league game" mentality. Live a little! If we get knocked out on Sunday (which is probable) all we'll have left is your relegation struggle. If we win for most fans it'll be the highlight of the season.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
And what is football without dreams? I dream of seeing England win the World Cup (again), and I dream of Brighton winning the FA Cup (or any major trophy). I pity you to an extent with your nose-to-the-grindstone "all that matters is getting three points from the next league game" mentality. Live a little! If we get knocked out on Sunday (which is probable) all we'll have left is your relegation struggle. If we win for most fans it'll be the highlight of the season.

Totally agree with this. Sunday's game is what football is all about. A piece of excitement and a slim chance of glory to punctuate the mundane slog to acquire enough points to finish at least four off the bottom of the second division.

It's precisely this league at all costs, must get into the champions league, must stay up so we can still rake in premier league millions and blow it on mediocre players who clearly not worth paying over £50,000 a WEEK attitude which has devalued cherished institutions such as the FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup and ECWC etc. A little glamour and glory has been sold down the river for the more prosaic pursuit of points and pounds and football is all the worse for it.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Well if you're really going to turn round if we reach the Final and say "Meh, no league points at stake so I'm interested" then fair enough. But I bet you don't.

Before this gets totally out of hand and certain people think that I am only interested in the league, I need to point out that I have spent £210 on Arsenal tickets and will be travelling a considerable distance to attend on Sunday, with friends and family. My attitude is only applicable to this season. For the last three seasons, we have been comfortably placed in the division and a cup run has been a nice distraction. The point I am trying to make is that there is a different priority this season. We are in a perilous position and the financial ramifications of relegation don't bear thinking about. For me, it is all about league points at the moment. If we beat Arsenal, I shall be as delighted as the next man but it won't change my attitude re this season.
As a footnote, you are not the only one with dreams. I watched England win the World Cup as a youngster and just assumed that it would happen again. I have watched BHA in all four divisions, at Wembley three times and Cardiff. After nearly 50 years of support, I constantly dream of more glory but to give ourselves a chance of that, we have to create a better team than we have at present and climb up this league table.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Totally agree with this. Sunday's game is what football is all about. A piece of excitement and a slim chance of glory to punctuate the mundane slog to acquire enough points to finish at least four off the bottom of the second division.

It's precisely this league at all costs, must get into the champions league, must stay up so we can still rake in premier league millions and blow it on mediocre players who clearly not worth paying over £50,000 a WEEK attitude which has devalued cherished institutions such as the FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup and ECWC etc. A little glamour and glory has been sold down the river for the more prosaic pursuit of points and pounds and football is all the worse for it.

Me too. Tonight will be stressful, tense and stands a good chance of being utterly miserable (I prefer to keep my expectations low), but if we get three points in the bag it'll be a case of pocket them and move on. Beat the Arse in front of a full house and live on TV and we'll be talking about it for years - you'll be able to find 60,000 people who 'were there' in 5 years time.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Before this gets totally out of hand and certain people think that I am only interested in the league, I need to point out that I have spent £210 on Arsenal tickets and will be travelling a considerable distance to attend on Sunday, with friends and family. My attitude is only applicable to this season. For the last three seasons, we have been comfortably placed in the division and a cup run has been a nice distraction. The point I am trying to make is that there is a different priority this season. We are in a perilous position and the financial ramifications of relegation don't bear thinking about. For me, it is all about league points at the moment. If we beat Arsenal, I shall be as delighted as the next man but it won't change my attitude re this season.
As a footnote, you are not the only one with dreams. I watched England win the World Cup as a youngster and just assumed that it would happen again. I have watched BHA in all four divisions, at Wembley three times and Cardiff. After nearly 50 years of support, I constantly dream of more glory but to give ourselves a chance of that, we have to create a better team than we have at present and climb up this league table.

But it's the same EVERY season! You go back through NSC and people always say' "Forget the Cup we need to get promoted and we've got a good chance. We don't need the distraction". (At least this season it's a different story!) And you say you've got dreams as well, but they don't extend to seeing Brighton win the Cup do they? As I pointed out a few pages back a single league game is one forty-sixth of our season, a tiny part; we can win one and still get relegated, lose one and still stay up. So as a single entity tonight's game is nowhere near as important as Sunday's. Anyway, we're going round in circles now as you disagree. Enjoy tonight (if you can), us dreamers will be fantasising about a shock on Sunday!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
34 seats currently available.

Some in the Family area, some on the shelf, few in the WSL and a few in the SW corner.

Hurry if you need one!
Brilliant! Thank you. Snapped up two more (for a Junior Seagull and his JCL Dad... all welcome...!!). They won't last long.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This is bound to be higher than the Wolves attendance now ? The Club must have made a mint. It probably makes up for the lackluster attendances during the bad periods of Hyppia's reign.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Well done to Paul Barber for the setting the correct price point for this game.
Also well done to the Marketing department for all the promotional activity for this game.

Lets hope we can make a replay for another London away day and further gate receipts.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Turned into a bit of an arcade game on the site trying to find the fabled last ticket - then one popped up in W1D = result, purchased confirmed at 1201. Queuing up for ticket collection Sunday will probably have longer queues than getting off the beach at Dunkirk.......

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Turned into a bit of an arcade game on the site trying to find the fabled last ticket - then one popped up in W1D = result, purchased confirmed at 1201. Queuing up for ticket collection Sunday will probably have longer queues than getting off the beach at Dunkirk.......

Although I really hope not, as I have one, the queues trying to get paper tickets to scan through the turnstiles could be huge.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Although I really hope not, as I have one, the queues trying to get paper tickets to scan through the turnstiles could be huge.

If the stewards at the turnstiles are doing their job properly the queues should be ok. If the paper ticket doesn't scan there needs to be no faffing about , with the guidance to get a reprint (£1.50 admin charge) from one of the ticket office windows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here