Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We don't struggle with the supplementary vote in London for the mayor.

Is the London system the same as the AV referendum system? I didn't think it was.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
It's not always about support. It's if anyone is prepared to shout it down.

You are right, but labour, SNP and the Greens will vote against. I would expect the DUP and Lib Dems to ask the Tories what's in it for them. If the Exit poll is right and the lib Dems lose all but 10 of their seats, it will be mostly to the Tories. A clear message from their voters re the last election and their backing of the Tories. Back them again and they could be wiped out. My opinion is that the Tories will have somewhere near 300 seats by the morning.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I doubt on 310 or 316 that any party would back a minority Tory government through the Queens speech, DUP already saying it would cost the Tories if they wanted their help. The Tories would need the Lib Dems at least
Parties would have to look at the alternative. Are the Lib Dems really going to vote against them, in the hope that our country gets a weak Labour minority instead? That would be ridiculous. The public wouldn't accept a Labour minority of 240 seats.

I would expect the DUP and Lib Dems to ask the Tories what's in it for them.
And the Tories would reply 'your country being governed by a stable government - would you prefer it to be governed by a Labour minority that got 240 seats?'

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Parties would have to look at the alternative. Are the Lib Dems really going to vote against them, in the hope that our country gets a weak Labour minority instead? That would be ridiculous. The public wouldn't accept a Labour minority of 240 seats.

I would expect that parties will not support the Tories and make it difficult for them to get anything done and a another election with in a year, giving Labour a chance to get a decent leader.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One things for sure, it'll be back to the two-horse race. Lib Dems will be back to their traditional single figure share of the vote. How many of their well-meaning supporters will trust them ever again? And these people are hardly likely to drift to the right, which is all good news for Labour.

All good news for Labour. :facepalm:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The only way Labour will ever gain power again is by electing another Tory-lite like Blair as leader.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here