Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
As the BBC are saying, if Miliband's Labour does worse than Brown's Labour then that really is a damning indictment from the electorate on this truly woeful Labour leader.

The lefties might not like to acknowledge it, and I'm sure the humourless and graceless [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] won't, but the right-leaners repeatedly highlighted this and were always told they were wrong.

It was always so obvious - right from the day he was elected leader - that his first test in a General Election would end in a car crash. As has often been said, he's not even the best politician in his own family.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
BBC News > "SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon just might have the biggest smile in the UK right now."

No, that will be super David Cameron.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As the BBC are saying, if Miliband's Labour does worse than Brown's Labour then that really is a damning indictment from the electorate on this truly woeful Labour leader.

The lefties might not like to acknowledge it, and I'm sure the humourless and graceless [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] won't, but the right-leaners repeatedly highlighted this and were always told they were wrong.

I'm centre-left, but I'd say Milliband would have to go IMO. But lets not forget, the main losers here are your (and my) Liberal Democrats. They have been annihalated. Clegg needs to walk tomorrow. He's done an absolutely shit job. :shit:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Weirdly, it looks like UKIP are taking votes from the Lib Dems. Unless former Lib Dems are voting Labour, and Labour voters are drifting to UKIP... What a mess!

This was explained on another channel an hour back. The pollsters call it churning. They reckoned LibDem voters hadn't switched to UKIP. UKIP's votes have from disgrunted Labour supporters, and than in staunch Labour seats such as in Sunderland, the UKIP vote also includes ex-Tories. LibDem voters have moved to Labour and Tory.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
She worked for the same company/office as me many years ago.

Centrica? Funny, I vote in Battersea and Justine is the MP in my neighbouring constituency. I once had to prepare briefing for Vernon Coaker when he was a Home Office Minister for a debate in which he was opposed by Justine Greening. I had to ring my own council for figures and other information to give him. I am on the opposite side to you, but I hope Vernon hangs on (he faces a tough challenge in Gedling).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was always so obvious - right from the day he was elected leader - that his first test in a General Election would end in a car crash. As has often been said, he's not even the best politician in his own family.

Add Ed Balls, a key finance figure in driving up Government debt massively in the good times (worsening the effects of the recession) and also the flawed soft-touch supervision of the banks ... together they represented a turn off for all but the entrenched 33% who believe in Labour whatever the policies or failings.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Super David Cameron shows again that the electorate doesn't support the Tory party. Yes they are the largest party, but it will be 23 years since they won their last majority. The mandate will again be for left of centre politics and yet we will end up with a right of centre government.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Posh part of London votes Tory shocker

Garbage. Putney is very mixed, with large council estates in Roehampton and Southfields. Justine Greening has spoken about reaching out to these areas. She already does a very good job. Please don't go talking about places you clearly don't know. Tiny swing to Labour in Tooting too. Sadiq Khan should have increased his majority by far more. Neil Kinnock now on the BBC making excuses.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Super David Cameron shows again that the electorate doesn't support the Tory party. Yes they are the largest party, but it will be 23 years since they won their last majority. The mandate will again be for left of centre politics and yet we will end up with a right of centre government.

Are you really clinging on to a quaint notion that Labour are 'left wing' ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here