Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's difficult to know. How do people find the German system? I think it's about two thirds constituencies and a list system for the rest in the regions, isn't it? That's how it's done for the Scottish Parliament. In 2007 they had local elections at the same time, voted on by Single Transferable Vote, and there was considerable confusion. France has a sort of AV, but there you have to vote again a week later, with only the top two candidates standing. Australia has the Alternative Vote system and it seems to work okay there, but there are only two big parties, Labor and the Liberals, with some other party (Nationalists?) linked to them.

The Liberals and the Nationals have a coalition. The Nationals are a party representing rural Australians.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
For sale: 8ft x 4ft 2 tonne tombstone. Genuine reason for sale. Unused owing to sudden change in career plans. Buyer collects - Doncaster area.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Peter Kellner is spot on, 310 seats is enough to form minority government. No need for coalition. I would have expected labour to form a minority if they'd got 290

Oh dear the red mist still derides a win, jog on

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gessner Festival Bier

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 108

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yvette Cooper seems quite reasonable and grounded. Is she really married to that odious man Ed Balls?

She could do better and, if he loses, I hope she does so.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Peter Kellner is spot on, 310 seats is enough to form minority government. No need for coalition. I would have expected labour to form a minority if they'd got 290

I doubt on 310 or 316 that any party would back a minority Tory government through the Queens speech, DUP already saying it would cost the Tories if they wanted their help. The Tories would need the Lib Dems at least

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lots of chickens being counted before eggs have hatched on this thread.

When are the first results expected from some of the marginal seats? Anyone know?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I doubt on 310 or 316 that any party would back a minority Tory government through the Queens speech, DUP already saying it would cost the Tories if they wanted their help. The Tories would need the Lib Dems at least

It's not always about support. It's if anyone is prepared to shout it down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here