Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Every election I wait for the exit polls then go to bed. Until then I like to channel hop looking for some pundits, commentators and party faithful kicking off in a jovial but barbed manner.

However I will be up around 6am to see how it has panned out overnight. It's usually pretty entertaining by then as most of the politicians are absolutely shattered and are easy prey for a presenter/interviewer to tear apart. Especially as they'll all be trying to spin the result their way.

I think the really interesting stuff will start around midday.

Agree. I need to be in London early so think I might have an early night, and get up very early, going to be more interesting then possibly.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm in bad shape already. Are a long couple of days in Bristol I had a few ciders last night, was up well beyond midnight before falling asleep on the sofa.

I need to re-think my strategy for tonight.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I'm in bad shape already. Are a long couple of days in Bristol I had a few ciders last night, was up well beyond midnight before falling asleep on the sofa.

I need to re-think my strategy for tonight.
Not Lib Dems. Just can't trust them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's here!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think Green is the only sensible long term option for any of us. The problem is, people say they are Green, but in practice they find them unpalatable.

Could it be that people like the actual Green environmental policies, but don't like all the other 'Green+' social and economic policies that come bundled with them ? ???

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Could it be that people like the actual Green environmental policies, but don't like all the other 'Green+' social and economic policies that come bundled with them ? ???

No idea, but a friend from Brighton on Facebook has just posted this:

"Greens 1960s campaign bus just chugged past me issuing choking fumes and pollution - do they not see the irony of that?"

Edit: apparently it is running on recycled cooking oil

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No idea, but a friend from Brighton on Facebook has just posted this:

"Greens 1960s campaign bus just chugged past me issuing choking fumes and pollution - do they not see the irony of that?"

Edit: apparently it is running on recycled cooking oil

Surprised he/she didn't notice the smell: they're like motorised chip shops

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yup. That really is a bizarre prediction, way out of the kilter with the others (see: http://www.may2015.com for evidence). Still, perhaps that's the last poll we'll see for a while selected by @Titanic. He'll be on a new thread trying to insist that, despite not getting a majority, because the Tories managed to get a few more seats than Labour that they have the 'moral' or 'democratic' legitimacy to govern. There will be a lot of that over the next week or so.

We will see soon enough now, won't we. Let's just hope that we don't end up with someone in office but not in power, the worst result possible.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Probably the last major opinion poll for this election...

IPSOS Mori:

Con 36%
Lab 35%
UKIP 11%
LDem 8%
Green 5%
Others 5%

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here