Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Labour foot soldiers all over the place today , haven't seen one Tory yet, if you don't have the support it is very difficult to fight a seat unless it is a foregone conclusion

Come The Glorious Day!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
historically labour would win more seats with less votes given that in many seats they would win would be by smaller majorities and they in many seats came third so they we more targetted. lib dems would get less seats than their vote percentage because they often came second.

what has changed this time round is that labour will still get a relatively lot of votes in scotland but wont win the proportionate seats. this means that this time that labour would need to get most votes as a national percentage to be likely to have more seats PROVIDED the scottish polls turn out as expected

what needs to be said he is that the polls are usually national ones and i know that labours foot soldiers have been taregtting specific seats and specific areas in seats so the traditional view may not turn out to be the reality

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Today feels like being in the eye of the hurricane - it's all quite calm and serene after the bluster of the last few weeks and what will start happening later tonight.

I'm quite enjoying it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Today feels like being in the eye of the hurricane - it's all quite calm and serene after the bluster of the last few weeks and what will start happening later tonight.

I'm quite enjoying it.

I think the nerves haven taken over and tempered the bile of the Tories. Us Labourites are still going about our polite duty though.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Has anybody on NSC ever been asked to take part in an opinion poll?

Yes, on a listed work mobile. The phone polls manage to miss anyone with an unlisted phone usually and some of them don't even call mobiles. The internet polls have to correct for the demographics of who actually uses the net (and volunteers for polling).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Early dinner, power nap, alarm for 10:30 (there won't be a declaration before then)

Difficult as I have a little one who won't be in bed until 8 and I was then planning on a run.

I think I'll just have to load myself up to the eyeballs with caffeine and see how far I get.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yep - a phone one.

Yes, on a listed work mobile. The phone polls manage to miss anyone with an unlisted phone usually and some of them don't even call mobiles. The internet polls have to correct for the demographics of who actually uses the net (and volunteers for polling).

For baked beans, yes. Politics no.

Interesting, thanks! Have never met anyone who ever has. I once got stopped in the middle of Burgess Hill and was asked to take part in a customer survey regarding new Pringles and associated dips. I couldn't say no.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I shall be waiting for Harrow East to come through I think.

From yesterdays Evening Standard

Streets of modest semis, neither too posh nor too poor; they are works in progress, a postcode on the rise. And it is slap bang in one of London’s most tightly fought election battlegrounds: Harrow East, a bellwether seat that since 1979 has exactly mirrored the national election winners. If its form holds, then this is a prize that Ed Miliband must capture to secure the keys to No 10.

Evening Standard

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My father was: he was closeted in our living room with a very earnest looking woman from NOP or Mori

I've been asked but was declined when they learned I was a journalist

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Labour has moved into a wafer-thin one-point lead in the final pre-election Guardian/ICM poll, leaving the country on a knife-edge with the markets starting to jitter.

On Wednesday, ICM released provisional numbers which showed the two main parties deadlocked on 35% each. But the telephone fieldwork continued into evening, and the final figures – based on the full sample of 2,000 interviews – find Labour holding steady on 35%, while the Conservatives slip to 34%.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Would it be possible to have a three way parliment? Say if Labour got with Lib Dems and SNP to keep the Tories out...possible or not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports