Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay boys, Gay boys what's the score.....

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Ah that old chesnut, Never fails to crack me up how unimaginative our oppostition fans are.

When i was walking to the station after Woking away i heard one of their fans say 'I can't believe we lost to the team from the gayest town in the world' :lol:

Yes, doesn't he realise it's the gayest CITY in the world now??

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I remember it clearly, wonderful times. Think I got the wrong end of the stick from what you said, I agree with you in a way. Our singing has gone down rapidly, the songs are repetitive and simply shit. I really hope we don't go into Falmer singing 'Alllllllllbiiiiiooooonnnn, Alllllllllbiiiiiooooonnnn, Alllllllllbiiiiiooooonnnn' and 'Seeeeaaaaguulllsssss' at least 10 times a match, it's embarrassing. People have started to try a few recently and quite frankly, they haven't caught on, fair play to them for trying. After the FCUM game i was so envious of their fans because it looked bloody loads of fun they were having, but there you go, hopefully there will be an influx of new easily sung but yet inventive chants, only time will tell.

Bit difficult to chant in a falsetto voice, whilst waving handbags isn't it?:lolol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No. He was advocating homaphobic chanting, as are you. So by your logic you are both homaphobic.

Acutally I'm not advocating it, I'm just saying that people shouldn't be so precious about it. I'd rather not be called a gay boy every weekend, but I'm not so bothered about it I want people arrested for it. How does me not being bothered by people chanting GAY BOY at me make me homophobic? How?

Has anyone actually asked any of the homosexualists on this board whether they are offended by it? Or are we all meant to be offended on their behalf?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
To offer the perspective of this particular "homosexualist": I couldn't care less, it's generally just banter in the same sense as we refer to Cardiff as sheepshaggers, Palace/Gills as pikeys etc. Get over it and get on with your lives.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
To offer the perspective of this particular "homosexualist": I couldn't care less, it's generally just banter in the same sense as we refer to Cardiff as sheepshaggers, Palace/Gills as pikeys etc. Get over it and get on with your lives.

And there you go. Just as I suspected. Thread closed.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Gay boy gay boys whats the score?

Black boys black boys what the score?

One aparently is fine but the other not.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It is nearly 2011.

Whether or not people get upset at it, there should be no place for homophobia in modern society.

You're quite right.

There is, however, a difference between homophobia and such chants as the one which caused this thread.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Sheep shaggers what's the score - OK? Why? Racist?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

to be fair, we chanted that when we played Blackboys at cricket last year when we marmelised them

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
You're quite right.

There is, however, a difference between homophobia and such chants as the one which caused this thread.

Exactly. After all it was gay boys who wanted to be called "Gay Boys" not Poofters or Pooveters, Bum Bandits, Shirt Lifters etc etc.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You're quite right.

Which is what I have been trying to say. And you cannot compare "Gay boys, what's the score" with throwing a banana or making monkey noises at a black player.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Where have I said that is ok?

YOU haven't. But my point is that that chant would be deemed as acceptable by the vast majority, and if that one is, then why is "Gay boys, what's the score" not?

And to be honest if you find the sheep-shagging chants unacceptable then I don't know why you go to football in the first place, it cant be a very pleasant experience if you are constantly being offended for 90 minutes.

What would you say is acceptable? Is there allowed to be any piss-taking at all? Can we call Palace pikeys? Can we call Southend Chavs? Can we call Scousers thieves? Can we call Welsh sheep-shaggers? Which is OK, and which is not, and why?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I remember it clearly, wonderful times. Think I got the wrong end of the stick from what you said, I agree with you in a way. Our singing has gone down rapidly, the songs are repetitive and simply shit. I really hope we don't go into Falmer singing 'Alllllllllbiiiiiooooonnnn, Alllllllllbiiiiiooooonnnn, Alllllllllbiiiiiooooonnnn' and 'Seeeeaaaaguulllsssss' at least 10 times a match, it's embarrassing. People have started to try a few recently and quite frankly, they haven't caught on, fair play to them for trying. After the FCUM game i was so envious of their fans because it looked bloody loads of fun they were having, but there you go, hopefully there will be an influx of new easily sung but yet inventive chants, only time will tell.

I actually agree. It is a shame - I'm ssure we'll be back to our best again soon though and have some new chants. We certainly are loud on the road and that's why I said I think we're still amongst the best around. Saying amongst the best around means maybe top 20 out of 92 - I stand by that comment, however silly others may think it is.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Er, he's right. Granted the gay chants get a bit tiresome but it works both ways, bet they've heard 'small town in Leeds' plenty of times before. I'd go as far as saying that's less original than 'gayboys, what's the score?'.

Best fans in the country? Deluded.

I never said I didn't agree re 'small town in Leeds' - for one it doesn't fit - and yes adding an extra syllabol or ignoring a syllabol structure is silly / annoying - I was just opoinjting out he and others seem very negative at the mo re our support - he's explained why so no need for you to back him up...

Asd for comparing a homophobicv song with 'small town near Leeds' - you show a complete lack of the point of this whole thread...

As for your last comment - who's said we're the best fans in the country?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Homophobic chanting is unacceptable in this day and age.

A person's sexuality is not a lifestyle choice, like being a chav etc, so to compare songs about chav's etc is inaccurate.

Granted, I don't think anyone goes home having had their day at football ruined by anti-gay chants.

But it is impossible to draw a line between what is acceptable in the context of a football ground and what is acceptable elsewhere.

Quite simply, there is not a point where one stops and another starts. Do kids at football hearing 10,000 take the piss out of a supposedly gay team not take that on board?

I love football banter. But the odd line about someone being Northern, a bit chav or a little tubby is not the same as homophobia - however soft it may be and however few people get annoyed by it.

Tribalism is fine, homophobia and racism are not.

And the songs are really shit anyway...Likewise the tedious crap about being a "small town near..." somewhere they are usually not that geographically close to.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I never said I didn't agree re 'small town in Leeds' - for one it doesn't fit - and yes adding an extra syllabol or ignoring a syllabol structure is silly / annoying - I was just opoinjting out he and others seem very negative at the mo re our support - he's explained why so no need for you to back him up...

Asd for comparing a homophobicv song with 'small town near Leeds' - you show a complete lack of the point of this whole thread...

As for your last comment - who's said we're the best fans in the country?

small town near leeds...what fuckwit worked that out. Elland is a small town near leeds....barnsley , Bradford, Dewsbury etc are nearer to Leeds than Huddersfield.

small town near Bradford would work, or small town sort of near Oldham would certainly work

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
'A small town in Bradford' would surely have been more offensive/effective at causing annoyance to the HTFC fans.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Double post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here