Gay boys, Gay boys what's the score.....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Don't know how long uve been following Albion away but about 6 / 7 / 8 yrs ago most on here would agree we're amongst the best in the country. We were even voted it about 2002 in an official poll - do u remember that?

And no not starting an argument as El Pres can tell - there just seems this massive negative feeling towards our own support at the mo - we used to be so proud - some still are... How many teams have said we were the best fans they've seen away all season etc? Charlton x 2 / Peterboror / Saints last yr etc etc... Must be something in that.

Some of the support has been brilliant, and there have been some great days out. Yesterday we were a bit quiet, and were moaning at the Albion after about 10 minutes as HTFC didn't give us a kick at the start of the match.

As for negative feeling towards our own support, we are unbeaten at Withdean for about 10 months, yet the fans are booing the players at home (Bournemouth, FCUM etc). This time last season we had lost TWELVE matches at home in the same period. We have come a long way on the Gus Bus, but we don't have a divine right to win.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
You're soooooo soooooo soooooo critical of the Albion and especially our fans. It's annoying. Every fans are similar - some idiots / some good songs / some shit songs / sometimes loud / sometimes quiet. We are amongst the best fans in the country pal and u need to climb off your NSC high horse or do something about it and start some of your own songs or just not be so negative. Not wanting to start an argument it's just an observation

Er, he's right. Granted the gay chants get a bit tiresome but it works both ways, bet they've heard 'small town in Leeds' plenty of times before. I'd go as far as saying that's less original than 'gayboys, what's the score?'.

Best fans in the country? Deluded.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Don't know how long uve been following Albion away but about 6 / 7 / 8 yrs ago most on here would agree we're amongst the best in the country. We were even voted it about 2002 in an official poll - do u remember that?

And no not starting an argument as El Pres can tell - there just seems this massive negative feeling towards our own support at the mo - we used to be so proud - some still are... How many teams have said we were the best fans they've seen away all season etc? Charlton x 2 / Peterboror / Saints last yr etc etc... Must be something in that.

I remember it clearly, wonderful times. Think I got the wrong end of the stick from what you said, I agree with you in a way. Our singing has gone down rapidly, the songs are repetitive and simply shit. I really hope we don't go into Falmer singing 'Alllllllllbiiiiiooooonnnn, Alllllllllbiiiiiooooonnnn, Alllllllllbiiiiiooooonnnn' and 'Seeeeaaaaguulllsssss' at least 10 times a match, it's embarrassing. People have started to try a few recently and quite frankly, they haven't caught on, fair play to them for trying. After the FCUM game i was so envious of their fans because it looked bloody loads of fun they were having, but there you go, hopefully there will be an influx of new easily sung but yet inventive chants, only time will tell.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
You're soooooo soooooo soooooo critical of the Albion and especially our fans. It's annoying. Every fans are similar - some idiots / some good songs / some shit songs / sometimes loud / sometimes quiet. We are amongst the best fans in the country pal and u need to climb off your NSC high horse or do something about it and start some of your own songs or just not be so negative. Not wanting to start an argument it's just an observation

Sorry Sheebs, I have to say I hate "Your just a small town near....(insert name here)"

It's nearly as bad as "Your not a big team anymore" (not saying that was sung yesterday).

As for the Homophobic chants. Yes they are, sadly, tiresome but we are going to have the live with it. Just like Cardiff do with Sheep shagging and Spurs with Yids.

On a side note. Apparently Manchester is the gay capital of the North. I'm not aware of United or Citeh getting the same treatment as we do!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
On a side note. Apparently Manchester is the gay capital of the North. I'm not aware of United or Citeh getting the same treatment as we do!

It is indeed, I work next to Canal Street (or anal treet) as the street signs now say after some strategic Tippexing, and it is a village within a City.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
As for negative feeling towards our own support, we are unbeaten at Withdean for about 10 months, yet the fans are booing the players at home (Bournemouth, FCUM etc). This time last season we had lost TWELVE matches at home in the same period. We have come a long way on the Gus Bus, but we don't have a divine right to win.

A very small number of fans!

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
there's a difference between homophobic chanting and a bit of tribalism.

i don't know why the club don't, by default, report the fans who sing homophobic songs towards us.

i might right to the club and ask them actually.

small town near X is tiresome, the homophobic stuff is downright offensive.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
the homophobic stuff is downright offensive.

Oh don't be so pathetic, you're at a football match. At least you're not not having coins / flares etc lobbed at you anymore. If you are so offended by a bit of abuse then go and watch cricket instead. I expect most of the northern teams find being called dirty northern bastards or whatever offensive. So what. It's not like people are making monkey noises and throwing bananas anymore.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Need to get the retort chants going if it bothers you. I remember 'town full of racists' being chanted back at Oldham fans about 5-6 years ago, and 'you're too ugly to be gay' is always a good one.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
According to some Hudds fans we were "really loud" and have had the best support of any of the southern teams and yes that includes Stains.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Oh don't be so pathetic, you're at a football match. At least you're not not having coins / flares etc lobbed at you anymore. If you are so offended by a bit of abuse then go and watch cricket instead. I expect most of the northern teams find being called dirty northern bastards or whatever offensive. So what. It's not like people are making monkey noises and throwing bananas anymore.

so you think it's quite healthy then to have that sort of stuff sung at a football ground in 2010?

there's no place for homophobia in football, full stop.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
According to some Hudds fans we were "really loud" and have had the best support of any of the southern teams and yes that includes Stains.

They were very complimentary afterwards, the seemed to hold us and South Coast Club in very high opinion as well supported clubs, but in the event they said South Coast Club fans were shit, and we were pretty much the best they've had there this season.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

You're completely missing the point! Similar things were being said not so long ago about black players & supporters - regarding said monkey noises & bananas.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
so you think it's quite healthy then to have that sort of stuff sung at a football ground in 2010?

there's no place for homophobia in football, full stop.

Yes I do. Are you gay? If you are not, then are you honestly offended by it? Why? Because you think you should be? Do you think any Gays in the crowd are offended by it? Most gays I know are proud to be gay. Why would they be offended by being called gay boys?

You're completely missing the point! Similar things were being said not so long ago about black players & supporters - regarding said monkey noises & bananas.

Ok, so are you saying we shouldn't take the piss out of any other supporters at all? We cant sing about Palace being pikeys? Plymouth being inbreds? Cardiff being Welsh? Etc etc. For f***'s sake, it's football, it's already been sanitised so much that it isn't anything like as good as it used to be, to take every aspect of this out of the game will just ruin it in the end.

There IS place for homophobia in football. Same as there IS place for calling Palace pikeys. I'm not talking about queer bashing, I'm talking about us having the piss taken out of us for coming from the gay capital of the country, and us taking the piss out of Palace for coming from a shit hole like Croydon. If you are honestly so offended by it then you shouldn't go.

The gay chants are boring, most of them anyway, every now and then some supporters come up with an original one, but I do not think they are offensive. And with regards black players / bananas, there is a huge difference between throwing a banana at a black player and singing a song like "Gay boys what's the score" to a 1000 people who come from the gay capital of the UK, 95% of who aren't gay.

Should we stop ever singing "You fat bastard" at fat bastards? What if it offends them? Is there a place for fatism in football?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The best retort from homophobic chanting EVER was at Wolves a few year ago...Hoddle was their manager and taking stick, but after a while we all got bored and a mexican wave started. At one point it came to a halt and the Wolves fans chanted...." Brighton Brighton give us the wave" or "Start the wave" something like that and ALL the Brighton fans waved to teh Wolves fans ina very camp way going wooohooo etc.

That brought a great laugh in the ground and from then on, the two sets of fans got on fine ( apart from certain fans trying to lamp stewards following some picture taking incidents and a small child and his irate dad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports