Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Speed dies aged 42

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Utterly shocked by this. RIP Gary.

God only knows what his family must be going through.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
They should have called the games off today. No excuses. Some of his ex-team mates/friends are due to play. Madness.

As sad as it is, you can't call games off because somebody has died-where do you draw the line as to who warrants football cancelled and who doesn't? As a football man, I'm sure Gary Speed would not want football cancelled because of him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Very sad and shocking. Like others, we were watching him on Footy Focus yesterday.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Utterly shocked by this news. A fine, underrated player and by all accounts a thoroughly decent human being. What he has done with the Wales team in recent months showed that he had the makings of an excellent manager. RIP Gary.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
hard to know what to say apart from rest in peace and condolences to his family

and there is nothing wrong in your sentiments at all. Sometimes if you have nothing to say,then say nothing. Your words will sum up how many of us will feel.

Last edited:

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Truly shocking and very sad - My thoughts are with his family tonight - whatever the reason, the circumstances - the carnage that is left behind when something happens like that is unquantifiable - RIP

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I am very shocked at this news.... A top player that came across as an everyday fella..... RIP to Gary Speed, There must be more to this than we all know about....

I hope this is just an ugly rumour?

Stunned at this very sad news TBH!

Last edited:

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
A sad time for his family and close friends,I suppose it would be too much to expect that the press will leave his family alone.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
A sad time for his family and close friends,I suppose it would be too much to expect that the press will leave his family alone.

And people on this site still posting absolute bollocks? ...... Pales into insignificance on such a sad day for me.... A very upsetting day for footie IMO!

It has put life into perspective for me, that's for sure.

Oct 10, 2009
Brighton BN1 6GD
RIP Gary & sympathy to his wife, children, family and freinds. Lets hope there is a good thing from something awful and men (particuarly) and women start talking about mental health and depression. How would it be to think about supporting the Samaritans - perhaps a bucket collection sometime at the Amex - it could happen to any of us

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Was on my way to Football this morning and seen this on Facebook, refused to believe it at first but when I seen it on various NUFC sites it sunk in. Completely shocked and gutted by the news, he really was a great servent for NUFC, great player and a very likeable, decent bloke.

R.I.P Gary.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I'm still shocked still can't believe it but know it's true condolences to his family and friends. Pete and Sarah thats a great idea.
RIP Gary

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here