Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Speed dies aged 42

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
leaves 2 young sons....so sad.....why have they played today poor old shay given crying his eyes out in the villa goal.....

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Awful news. But let's now turn our thoughts to his wife, 2 children and his father who he was very close to apparently. And all his friends and team mates who loved him. These are the people who will need love at this time.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Nobody and i mean nobody knows what the troubled mind can do to an individual.
I think it just goes to prove that you can never know what is really going on in someone's mind. On the outside they can seem perfectly normal and happy, yet on the inside they are going through absolute torment. A very sad loss.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I had heard it was suicide hung himself poor chap very very bad day for football sympathy to his friends and family NOT GOD !!!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
leaves 2 young sons....so sad.....why have they played today poor old shay given crying his eyes out in the villa goal.....

Sky tv is probably the sick answer to that question.

Genuinely shocked to hear this news. Speed always came across as one of the decent players and a good bloke. With the success he was having with Wales hard to fathom what could have made him commit suicide.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
So sorry to hear about Gary Speed but I do cringe when everybody starts on about what a wonderful guy, family man etc. I really wish people would wait just a little bit until the facts emerge or you could end up looking like a plonker if he has some dark secrets about to be outed

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Bellamy has requested to be left out of the Liverpool squad. I'd have thought Given could have been allowed to sit it out tbh.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Dreadful news. Really shocked when heard earlier today, especially after seeing him on good form on Football Focus on Saturday. Something went wrong in his personal life maybe?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Really quite terrible news.

I just heard Dan Walker (I think that's his name) on 5Live talking about having Speed on Football Focus with him only yesterday and how Speed was talking about the golf he had coming up and that he'd only just got into Twitter and Football Focus had boosted his followers so he'd need to tweet more this week.

Everyone who knows him seems to be in complete and utter shock at this - there doesn't seem to be any sort of "I knew he was in a dark place but hoped he'd pull through" kind of talk.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Really quite terrible news.

I just heard Dan Walker (I think that's his name) on 5Live talking about having Speed on Football Focus with him only yesterday and how Speed was talking about the golf he had coming up and that he'd only just got into Twitter and Football Focus had boosted his followers so he'd need to tweet more this week.

Everyone who knows him seems to be in complete and utter shock at this - there doesn't seem to be any sort of "I knew he was in a dark place but hoped he'd pull through" kind of talk.

Watch the Robbie Savage interview on bbc iplayer, he spoke to him yesterday too and said there was absolutely no signals of anything wrong at all, Speed was giving him some banter about strictly come dancing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bellamy has requested to be left out of the Liverpool squad. I'd have thought Given could have been allowed to sit it out tbh.

And I'm sure he was offered the chance by Villa. Presumably he declined. It doesn't make him a better or worse person, whatever his decision.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm finding idle speculation about the possible cause of his death a bit unsavoury at the moment. Would be nice if it didn't carry on.

Oh come on Lush, it's dreadful dreadful news but let's not be too precious. No one's denigrating his character in saying his wife might have been having an affair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here