Garth Crooks - Complete cock

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not really as simple as that is it. He celebrated his goal by taunting the Arsenal fans. Now, I'm not going to defend morons who can't control themselves but by lighting the fuse, Adebayor was irresponsible and will hopefully get a ban. What reaction do you think there would be if Zamora signed for Palarse, scored the winning goal against us and then did what Adebayor did. I bet your comments would be different then.

(not that I think Zamora would do that as he has more class than Adebayor)

I hope he wouldn't too, although as far as I am aware there was not a campaign against Zamora in his last 12 months at the Albion the way there was one against Adebayor, although some fans were constantly whining about him being 'lazy'.

There seems to be a lot of people who like to give it, but can't take it, especially amongst football fans.

I agree it would be far more dignified to celebrate the goal in front of your own fans, as Mark McCammon did when we played at Doncaster a few seasons ago, but as for 'hoping' that Adebayor should get a ban, I disagree, and as for calling him a c*nt and claiming he was inciting a riot, that is losing the plot.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
I agree with Garth Crooks's stance on the issue, too many pundits adhere to the guidelines and are not unconventional. Garth is breath of fresh air. Poor little ARSEnal fans who believe they themselves as fans are immune from criticism after dishing it out for 90 minutes and start complaining about Adebayor's conduct and professionalism.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Errrr.......no it wouldn't. It would have been down to the lack of self control of the Arsenal fans. Adebayor did not incite a riot, he celebrated a goal.

Oh come on EP. You can't seriously think that.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I hope he wouldn't too, although as far as I am aware there was not a campaign against Zamora in his last 12 months at the Albion the way there was one against Adebayor, although some fans were constantly whining about him being 'lazy'.

There seems to be a lot of people who like to give it, but can't take it, especially amongst football fans.

I agree it would be far more dignified to celebrate the goal in front of your own fans, as Mark McCammon did when we played at Doncaster a few seasons ago, but as for 'hoping' that Adebayor should get a ban, I disagree, and as for calling him a c*nt and claiming he was inciting a riot, that is losing the plot.

I think he was trying to taunt the fans and whilst not probably realising it, could have incited a riot. It's was not all Arsenal fans that were hurling abuse and the problem is if the those that can't control themselves charge about and cause injury to those that can. You could have a situation where the muppets who want to get to the front don't care who they trample on to get there. In this case, a steward was hurt but what if it had been a youngster in the first few rows of the stand or maybe a pregnant woman.

Unfortunately, we do not live in a society that rises to the highest common factor but have to cater for the lowest common denominator and that is the likes of people who will react and cause trouble.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
does anyone remember that wanker on loan at Grimsby.. Keane I think his name was. When he scored he ran behind the goal, laughing and shouted... "Ahhh you're going down!!" whilst pointing to the floor...

That's way worse than what Adebayor did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports