Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garth Crooks - Complete cock

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just to play devil's advocate, why should adebayor take the blame for what the fans choose to do? Is it Emile Heskey's fault that fans chant racist things at him? If he wasn't out there being all black...

I know that is a ridiculous example, but it's the first that came to my mind.

In football there is always taunting. The away fans who ask us where our boyfriends are etc. does their chant justify us storming the away stand? Yeah, it's wrong for Adebayor to taunt the arsenal fans, but why should we blame him, if the fans who gave him so much stick can't take a little of it back and decide to storm the pitch?

For the record, I'm not saying that makes Adebayor right in what he did, but responsible for how people react? I don't think that is as clear cut.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Just to play devil's advocate, why should adebayor take the blame for what the fans choose to do? Is it Emile Heskey's fault that fans chant racist things at him? If he wasn't out there being all black...

I know that is a ridiculous example, but it's the first that came to my mind.

In football there is always taunting. The away fans who ask us where our boyfriends are etc. does their chant justify us storming the away stand? Yeah, it's wrong for Adebayor to taunt the arsenal fans, but why should we blame him, if the fans who gave him so much stick can't take a little of it back and decide to storm the pitch?

For the record, I'm not saying that makes Adebayor right in what he did, but responsible for how people react? I don't think that is as clear cut.

You make some good points there. People should take responsibility for their own actions. Adebayor's done that and apologised, Garth Crooks dared to have an opinion that didn't follow the party line, big deal.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Had it not been Arsenal, I suspect his comments would have been different. I would be interested to hear is views on Blackstocks behaviour in the Forest/Derby match!

i think he has been against a player in previous similar incitment situation, and only backed Adebayor because it was against the Arsenal fans.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If the Arsenal fans invaded the pitch and / or beat up City fans that would have down solelyto Adebayor.

No, if Arsenal fans invaded the pitch, it would be entirely due to their lack of self-control, and their total disregard for rules - their own responsibility, in other words.
I understand that no Arsenal fans reacted inappropriately. That is good. If any of them had, it would only have proved that they, personally, were mindless wankers.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I just don't rate him as a pundit, never have. I am not saying he is nver right, just I feel I disagree more with him than most others they have on and I've always found the way he makes his points slightly irritating.

Disappointing that some on here are turning this into a race/colour thing. What the feck has that got to do with it? Anyone can talk bollocks about football, irrespective of race, colour or gender!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That was some run.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
His commentary and interviews are inept and the man is a complete and utter twat and I couldn't care if he is black, white, green or yellow he really is shit. But that is not really surprising when you concider the general state of media pundits.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Adebayor didn't really need to do that, should have just let his football do the talking.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If only he could have ran back that far and fast to defend or put a block in when he was at Arsenal.... he might have been still there.

But to be fair..
He's earning practically double at City what he did at Arsenal and i reckon has more chance of winning silverware with City in the next few seasons. Wenger shows no ambition. He just ambles about in the transfer window signing 12 year old Africans.
So why would he want to be at Arsenal!?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If only he could have ran back that far and fast to defend or put a block in when he was at Arsenal.... he might have been still there.

I doubt it. Not unless Arsenal had offered him another 80 grand a week.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Crooks is boring and tries to articulate average points as good ones.

Put yourself in adebayors positition, would'nt u want to celebrate in front of the arsenal fans, show them what their missing!!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
No, if Arsenal fans invaded the pitch, it would be entirely due to their lack of self-control, and their total disregard for rules - their own responsibility, in other words.
I understand that no Arsenal fans reacted inappropriately. That is good. If any of them had, it would only have proved that they, personally, were mindless wankers.

When we play Orient then, we should all sing Scott Magleish is a nice guy.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I don't see anything wrong with Adebayor celebrating in front of the Arsenal fans, it's part of football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here