Garth Crooks - Complete cock

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was going to do the exact same thread. Crooks is an utter c*nt. It must be some sort of chip on his shoulder he has. What a WANKER.

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
It's all about Adebayor celebrating his goal against Arsenal by running all the way from one end of the pitch to the other and giving it large in front of the Arsenal fans. Garth Crooks stated that there was nothing wrong with that, a striker should be able to celebrate any way he wants.
No matter how much the others said it was wrong, he was constantly spouting his stupid opinionated view.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Had it not been Arsenal, I suspect his comments would have been different. I would be interested to hear is views on Blackstocks behaviour in the Forest/Derby match!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I expect and hope for Crooks to be in trouble with the BBC this afternoon for his comments and possibly be thrown off the show. His comments were disgraceful and in the era of football violence coming back shameful. Adebayor should be banned for 6 games and fined £ 100 000. This could have sparked a riot with casualties. It is ok to celebarte a goal but to run 100 yards to taunt the away fans and cause incitement to riot is a crime and he should hav been sent off. Crooks cannot be taken as a serious commentator after this.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I said this years ago, and was accused of being racist.

I don't care what colour he is, he's a tosser.

He sideswipes any other view than this own.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Garth Crooks has always gone out of his way to portray himself as an intelligent and erudite black man, perfecting a rather aloof style of speech. You always get the feeling that he feels that those others in the studio are beneath him. i.e ordinary footballers.
I don't know the man and I don't particularly want to know him.
He has to be bracketted with other black men who think they are God's gift to the human race...Chris Eubank, Trevor Phillips and Linfood Christie spring immediately to mind.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I love his BULGY eyes and TIGHT shirts.

As for Adebayor's celebration, I love it when players do shit like that. At least it gets some of the prawn sandwich brigade off their seats and making some noise for a change. Stop trying to sanitise the game out of existence.

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
He was like a small CHILD trying to argue his point to Martin Keown, who was to be fair, quite fair and not too biased. Crooks however resulted to SULKING and really thought he had a point, which he didn't

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I love his BULGY eyes and TIGHT shirts.

As for Adebayor's celebration, I love it when players do shit like that. At least it gets some of the prawn sandwich brigade off their seats and making some noise for a change. Stop trying to sanitise the game out of existence.

Watch it tonight and you may change your mind.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
His wide-eyed pouting was particularly special, when two fellow former pros had the temerity to disagree with him. "Any way they want"? By this logic, it'd be OK for a goalscorer to run to the opposing disabled section and MICTURATE in the faces of the fans there. What an utter, utter wanker. I've never watched the Beeb's Saturday coverage but happened to catch those few minutes today, Garth Crooks showed me that I'd missed nothing, and need not bother with it ever again.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Watch it tonight and you may change your mind.

I will but I doubt I'll change my mind (but I'll let you know if I do). The reason I doubt I'll change my mind is that I think players acting like complete wankers now and again actually livens up the modern game, a game that has become gentrified beyond reason at the top level. I don't want to go back to the hooligan days but f*** me we need some things to liven and shake things up a bit.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He said the goalscorer has a right to do whatever he wants to celebrate. Bright showed him up as a professional footballer has a duty to act responsibly and look after the interests of everyone in the ground. If the Arsenal fans invaded the pitch and / or beat up City fans that would have down solelyto Adebayor. This was pointed out to Crooks time and time again but he wouldn't have it. Motson also said what everyone else said and Crooks sat there looking like a spoilt child. He them had a pop at Bright for " smashing his elbow " into another pro's face or something but the show ended before he could elaborate. He even sunk to slagging off his fellow pro and presenter to make his point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports