FTSE100 is 10% higher than 1 month ago

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
and we have an unelected prime minister (or will have)

So if you voted Tory, did you vote because of Cameron, or because you are a Tory?

We do Not have a presidential election he, therefore why is she an unelected prime minister?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
So if you voted Tory, did you vote because of Cameron, or because you are a Tory?

We do Not have a presidential election he, therefore why is she an unelected prime minister?

I didn't vote tory BUT I do know a lot of people vote for the leader...I quote often hear people say I wouldn't vote for him/her etc etc..To think people don't is Naive.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
And his biggest mistake was not calling a snap election...I wonder if Teresa will, however I very much doubt it.

I'm certainly not a Tory, but surely it would be in the Tories' interests to call an election now, while Labour is AWOL, and the Fib Dems remain an utter insignificance!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I don't have time to read nine pages, but I presume someone has pointed out that the FTSE 250 is a much better barometer of how the UK is fairing than the FTSE 100 is.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm certainly not a Tory, but surely it would be in the Tories' interests to call an election now, while Labour is AWOL, and the Fib Dems remain an utter insignificance!

I very much doubt that is within protocols. Labour's leadership election has been initiated so any election may take place when that's complete.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I don't have time to read nine pages, but I presume someone has pointed out that the FTSE 250 is a much better barometer of how the UK is fairing than the FTSE 100 is.

Funnily enough that's up over 500 points 3.25 % today, well above the mid June level. Best if people stick to mentioning the weakness of the pound if they want to wallow in negativity.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Whereabouts in Melbourne are you moving to? I've stayed there a few times (St Kilda, Williamstown).

The most accurate I could be right now is the 'burbs, to the south/southeast of the city. Got my eye on Mordialloc, but would love Brighton obviously, might have to see how things go!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I have never said that. Someone was complaining that the new prime minister wasn't elected (by the public)

My point was that neither are the European commission..

Not sure how I've been misconstrued

Fair enough. I should pay more attention to who is posting what rather than just concentrating on what the content is.

I guess it's the modern celebrity obsession that means people think they're voting for a prime minister rather than a governing party (or more specifically their local representative).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have never said that. Someone was complaining that the new prime minister wasn't elected (by the public)

My point was that neither are the European commission..

Not sure how I've been misconstrued

Why did you comment on the EU Commisioners though? They are the equivalent of the civil service and we don't elect them either!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why did you comment on the EU Commisioners though? They are the equivalent of the civil service and we don't elect them either!

Indeed. Furthermore I would rather have experts in science and economics propose legislation than career politicians.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Funnily enough that's up over 500 points 3.25 % today, well above the mid June level. Best if people stick to mentioning the weakness of the pound if they want to wallow in negativity.

Yes, with now well over half of all UK company shares traded at the London Stock Exchange in foreign hands (along with the LSE itself of course), perhaps the £ is a better barometer for how well we are fairing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports